BEST WESTERN Americana Inn
815 W San Ysidro Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92173-1827
Phone: 619/428-5521 | Fax: 619/428-0693 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Americana Inn!
Tijuana, Mexico is minutes away from our San Diego hotel, and many vacationers getting ready to cross the border count on us for quality accommodations.
However, if you plan to stay in sunny California, our San Diego hotel is a great choice. We’re close to all San Diego attractions, the Sleep Train Amphitheatre, beaches, Aquatica and Las Americas Outlet® Mall. Whether you’re here for a special event, to get some great shopping deals or to visit the San Diego Zoo or SeaWorld, you’ll be just a short drive away.
Many of our guests stay with us while getting medical treatments in Tijuana, Mexico or crossing the border for appointments, and they prefer the comfort of our San Diego hotel overnight. Aquatica San Diego is another popular attraction, and families come from around the world to visit the nearby exhibits, amusement parks and cultural centers.
Soccer games in Mexico also draw a crowd, and our San Diego hotel is happy to host teams and fans alike. We are just two miles from the Mexican border, so many families and corporate travelers visiting Mexico stay with us. Luxurious bedding, cool rooms and peace and quiet are all yours at this property. Whether you’re going to Mexico or not, you’ll enjoy being in an unbeatable location.
Business travelers with Sanyo, Sony®, Panasonic and Mitsubishi plants in Mexico are a few of our frequent guests. Our San Diego hotel is also a home away from home for workers with border security, other businesses in Mexico and commercial businesses in San Diego.
Indulge in the best of southern California while staying at this San Diego hotel. Our bilingual staff is friendly and happy to recommend places to eat, shop and sightseeing attractions. We’re committed to making your stay as pleasant as possible. Whether it’s business or pleasure, you deserve to be treated like family on your trip.
Reserve your stay at BEST WESTERN Americana Inn for a great val
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, tea/coffee, and hot items.
- Outdoor pool Heated with restrooms and shower.
- Complimentary breakfast
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish, Gujerati, English, Hindi)
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services available 24 hours
- Photocopy services, 24 hours
- Safe deposit box Complimentary
- Guest laundry, open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle service available at request. Please make arrangements for airport transportation directly with property prior to arrival.
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Exterior corridor
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out Based on availability
- Cable or satellite television Cable television with HBO, ESPN, CNN, DISNEY and many more channels
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, includes wireless Internet access and printer
- Mail services
- Special rates available with free shuttle service to all clinics in Tijuana. Please call property direct for information.
- Facilities for physically challenged
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Mail pick up service daily
BEST WESTERN Americana Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western americana inn in San Diego.
BEST WESTERN Americana Inn
Conveniently located, the best western americana inn in San Diego, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.558935 / Latitude: -117.059465
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Highway 5. Take the Dairy Mart exit to stop sign and turn left to first set of lights (San Ysidro Boulevard) and then turn right. The BEST WESTERN Americana Inn is on the left behind Coco's Restaurant.
BEST WESTERN Americana Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Cabrillo National Monument honors the landing spot of the first Spanish explorers when they arrived to San Diego Bay and later founded the city of San Diego. Visitors to this monument can enjoy exploring the history of the area or take part in outdoor activities.
The monument's visitors' center, guests can take a self-guided tour of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse, visit the "Age of Exploration" exhibit room, and see military history exhibits. Outside, guests can hike the Bayside Trail, go bicycling along Cabrillo Memorial Drive, and take in views of the city and Pacific Ocean.
Since 1997, Southern California has been the home to the largest military command in the country's southwest region. The Naval Base Coronado encompasses more than 57,000 acres of land, in San Diego. The base is comprised of eight military facilities: Naval Outlying Landing Field, Silver Strand Training Complex-Coronado, Remote Training Site-Warner Springs, Naval Auxillary Landing Field-San Clemente Island, Naval Air Station North Island-Coronado, Naval Outlying Landing Field-Imperial Beach, Camp Michael Monsoor Mountain Warfare Training Center-LaPosta and Naval Amphibious Base-Coronado.
This impressive aerospace-industrial complex is the largest of its kind in the United States Navy. Although one Commanding Officer is in charge over the entire base, it employs more than 36,000 civilian and military personnel. It remains one of the largest employers in San Diego County. The base provides the space for air, ground, undersea and sea operations. While in town, choose one of the several San Diego Best Western hotels, to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The southern tip of San Diego in the San Diego Bay, was kept lit for thirty-six years by a faithful light. The Old Point Loma Lighthouse was completed 1855, at a height of forty-six feet, on top of a 400-foot cliff.
It was one of the first eight lighthouses to be built on the west coast. This historical white brick lighthouse features a green lantern and was visible for twenty-eight miles.
Due to the location of the "Old Spanish Lighthouse" on top of Point Loma, the low fog and clouds often made it hard to see the light. By 1891, the light was discontinued and no longer used.
The New Point Loma Lighthouse was built on the tip of the point at eighty-eight feet above sea level. While in San Diego, make time to visit the historical Old Point Loma Lighthouse to stroll through the lighthouse, see the living quarters and walk through the museum. The lighthouse is located in the Cabrillo National Monument. Stay close to a wonderful variety of landmarks, museums and attractions as a guest of one of the San Diego Best Western hotels.
The Old Town San Diego State Historic Park offers visitors a glimpse into what life was like in San Diego from 1821 to 1872. Visitors stroll through the restored 5 historic buildings, adobes, museums and shops from this once Mexican pueblo town, to see how it was transformed into an American Settlement.
Step into La Casa de Estudillo, La Casa de Machado y Stewart, Mason Street School, the first public school in California, the San Diego Union Printing Office and the Seeley Stables Museum. Enjoy your time learning about the history of San Diego. Choose from several San Diego Best Western hotels, to settle in and rest comfortably, while visiting San Diego and southern California.
Major League Baseball in San Diego is alive and well. Petco Park has been the home ballpark for the San Diego Padres since 2004, after they left Qualcomm Stadium. The stadium's first baseball game was part of a four-team NCAA invitational tournament with the San Diego State Aztecs baseball team. A record crowd was in attendance as they beat Houston. Fans love to watch the games from the "Park at the Park" area near the outfield fence. In addition to baseball games, the stadium hosts concerts and special events.
Top entertainer concerts performed in the ballpark include The Rolling Stones, Madonna and Taylor Swift. From 2007 to 2009, the USA Stevens rugby sevens tournament was held at Petco Park. Additional events hosted at the park include American Idol auditions and the Food Network's "Chairman's Challenge". To cap off a fun-filled day at this wonderful San Diego ballpark, check into a comfortable Best Western guest room where quality lodging and services await.
Southern California residents and visitors in the San Diego area, have supported the San Diego Chargers professional football team since 1967. Qualcomm Stadium, a multi-purpose facility, has been home to Chargers from the beginning. The stadium was named San Diego Stadium from 1967 to 1980, then named Jack Murphy Stadium from 1980 to 1997, then finally named Qualcomm Stadium since 1997.
The San Diego Padres professional baseball team played in the stadium from 1969 to 2003, when they moved to Petco Park. Located in San Diego's Misson Valley area, the stadium is also home to the San Diego State University Aztecs football team. Three Super Bowl games have been held at the stadium in addition to Major League Baseball All-Star Games and World Series games. After a fun night at a Chargers game, check into one of the several Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
San Diego International Airport originally known as the San Diego Municipal - Lindbergh Field, was constructed at the encouragement of Charles Lindbergh, in 1928. By 1934, the airport was designated as an international airport. The airport was also used by the United States Coast Guard Base. In 1942, this San Diego area airport was used during World War II. After the war, commercial flights were available via Pacific Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Western Airlines, Bonanza and PSA. The airport has become the busiest single-runway commercial airport in America.
Sixteen airline support providers and seven airfreight companies also contribute to the traffic at this busy airport. Passengers have a choice of eighteen commercial airlines for flights to many major U.S. cities. Once at the terminal, passengers have a variety of restaurants and shops to choose from, in addition to several private airport club rooms. General and Corporate aviation needs are provided by Landmark Aviation Services. Enjoy your time in the San Diego area, by checking into one of the several Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
Established in 1897, San Diego State University is situated northwest of downtown San Diego, and is a wonderful attraction within the San Diego metro area. Visitors from nearby cities like Oceanside, and Chula Vista make frequent trips to SDSU during the fall to catch all of the Aztec football action at Qualcomm Stadium. Academically, SDSU offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and is a member of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
While in San Diego visiting SDSU, many visitors enjoy taking time to explore the local attractions like Balboa Park, and the famous San Diego Zoo. During the winter, many sports fans enjoy the high-energy, alley-oop action of SDSU Aztec basketball. Head to Viejas Arena and watch as both the men's and women's Aztec basketball teams compete against the rest of the Mountain West Conference.
A full day of fun awaits at the San Diego Zoo, located in San Diego's Balboa Park. Stroll through the Discovery Outpost, Lost Forest, Asian Passage, Panda Canyon, Polar Rim, Elephant Odyssey, Urban Jungle, Africa Rocks and Outback to visit all of the animals. The zoo has been providing fun times with animals since its opening in 1915. Enjoy a relaxing ride on the gondola, the Skyfari, for a birds-eye view of the entire zoo.
Ready for a unique zoo adventure? Sign up for one of the special zoo tours. The Backstage Pass - Ultimate Encounter allows visitors to meet many of the exotic animals up close. Additional options include the Inside Look tour, the Discovery tour and the Horticulture tour. Take a break from the action as a guest at one of several Best Western hotels in San Diego.
SeaWorld San Diego, located near the sun and sand of San Diego’s Mission Bay, is the original marine mammal park and aquarium. Home of Shamu,the magnificent and talented killer whale featured in popular daily shows is arguably the park’s most famous resident. This family-friendly park is full of world-class marine exhibits, aquariums and rides - providing a full-days fun and entertainment.
Optimize your SeaWorld experience by checking feeding times and visit your favorite exhibit at the designated time. Special reservations can also be made for behind-the-scenes tours, or the Dine with Shamu programs - offering back-stage access to the killer whale habitat and trainers.
Best Western hotels offer over 25 locations near SeaWorld in the San Diego Metro area. Travelers looking for a San Diego hotel have a great choice of locations with Best Western – choose from accommodations to fit any itinerary and budget.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Mexico, gateway
- 4.00 mile(s) from Aquatica, Water Park- operated by SeaWorld.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Beaches, Imperial beach- conveniently located Coronado Beach-located at Coronado Island
- 5.00 mile(s) from Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Performing arts theatre with seating capacity of 10,000
- 6.00 mile(s) from Nature Center, Wildlife preserve nature center
- 10.00 mile(s) from Balboa Park, Beautifully landscaped with museums and festivals
- 15 mile(s) from Arco Olympic Training
- 15.00 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, Home to many species and animals.
- 15.00 mile(s) from San Diego Zoo®, Home to many animals, some close to being extinct.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Coronado Island, THE ONE AND ONLY! Popular tourist place
- 15.00 mile(s) from San Diego Harbor
- 15.00 mile(s) from Qualcomm, Home of the San Diego Chargers
- 15 mile(s) from Downtown San Diego
- 15.00 mile(s) from PETCO Park, Home of the San Diego Padres
- 15 mile(s) from Gaslamp
- 18 mile(s) from Seaport Village
- 30.00 mile(s) from San Diego Wild Animal Par, Home to many wildlife and safari animals.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Four Corners Gallery
- 25.00 mile(s) from Play House Gallery
- 1.5 mile(s) from Las Americas Outlet Mall, 125 impressive outlet stores. With great discounts at stores such as Calvin Klein, Micheal Kors, Banana Republic, Gap, Guess, and many more
- 6 mile(s) from Chula Vista shopping cent, Many department stores such as J C Penny, Sears, Macy's and more. Also you will find a selection of restaurants and movie theatre.
- 8.5 mile(s) from Otay Ranch Mall, Beautiful outdoor mall. Pet friendly. Exquisite prices at stores. Great selection of restaurants such as Cheesecake Factory, P F Changs, Macaroni Grill, California Pizza Kitchen and more.
- 9.0 mile(s) from Westfield Plaza Bonita, Great stores to shop from. Selection of restaurants and movie theatre
- 13.0 mile(s) from Horton Plaza Mall, Indoor mall. Close to Gas lamp. Many department stores, restaurants and movie theatre.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fashion Valley Mall, Great department store, restaurants and movie theatre.
- 18.0 mile(s) from Westfield Mission Valley, Popular department stores. wide selection of restaurants in the area, movie theatre
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.0 mile(s) from Imperial Beach
- 4.0 mile(s) from Chula Vista
- 8.0 mile(s) from National City
- 2.0 mile(s) from Tijuana
- 45.0 mile(s) from oceanside
- 35.00 mile(s) from Encinitas
- 6.00 mile(s) from Panasonic N.A.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Sanyo N.A.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Adjacent to Carl Jr.'s, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Open 24 hours
- Adjacent to Coco's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Open 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 1 block(s) from Kentucky Fried Chicke, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 block(s) from Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Open 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to Jack in the Box, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Open 24-hours
- 2 block(s) from McDonalds, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2 block(s) from Ying Li, Cafe, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.0 mile(s) from Denny's, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Achiote, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from International House Of Pa, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 3.0 mile(s) from Souplantation, Buffet, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 5.0 mile(s) from Karinas, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 6.0 mile(s) from Red Lobster, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 5.0 mile(s) from China China, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 6.0 mile(s) from Black Angus, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN Americana Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Diego. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Escondido Spring Street Fair
Over 500 vendors, live entertainment, and food from around the world come to the tree-lined streets of downtown Escondido.
Carlsbad Spring Village Faire
More than 100,000 people come to Carlsbad to take in the ocean beauty alongside unique vendor booths, delicious food, and family-friendly entertainment.
Race Across America (RAAM)
Come on out to the Oceanside Pier and cheer as cyclists begin the 3,000-mile journey to Annapolis, MD in one of the most difficult races in the world.
2015 San Diego County Fair
San Diego's annual county fair at the Del Mar Fairgrounds is the largest fair in California.
2015 Annual Over The Line Tourney
Mission Bay's Fiesta Island in San Diego hosts this bat and ball tournament, routinely called one of the last great Southern California traditions.
Farm to Bay Food & Wine Classic
Celebrate the sights, sounds, and flavors of San Diego at this Chula Vista event.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean