BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
1717 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606-5223
Phone: 510/356-2450 | Fax: 510/356-2451 | 81 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Our waterfront Oakland hotel is designed with your comfort and style in mind. Conveniently located near San Francisco, our hotel is gateway to it all.
Our property is uniquely positioned on Oakland's waterfront and offers a unique advantage of making it simple and fast to catch flights from the Oakland Airport. When choosing Oakland hotels, ensure that you get fantastic value as well as a great location. Each waterside room includes either a patio or balcony with impressive views of Oakland's waterway and at times you can even catch a glimpse of San Francisco. Travel 12 minutes on the BART or take a majestic ferry ride to the heart of downtown San Francisco.
Oakland has been voted one of the top cities to visit because of its trendy and creative food and restaurant resurgence, and its edgy arts scene. Discover it all at our waterfront Oakland hotel location just off the 880 Freeway. We are also very close to a number of Universities and Colleges including UC Berkeley and Laney.
We are the number one rated TripAdvisor hotel in Oakland, and one of the few Oakland waterfront hotels featuring free parking, free Internet, free shuttle service and a free hot breakfast. Enjoy a fresh cup of coffee with in the morning before heading out on your northern California adventure. With our beautiful water views, balconies and great amenities, we make your decision to stay with us easy.
Business travelers alike love our Waterfront Oakland hotel because we are just a BART ride away from San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center, and are centrally located in the Bay Area. Our location makes traveling to the Oakland A's Stadium, the Oakland Raider's Coliseum and Warrior's Arena a breeze to get to.
Also, ask about Zeel in-room massage. This great new amenity is available through the front desk.
Reserve your next northern California stay today at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Features a different hot item every day from Egg omelets, Breakfast sandwiches, Waffles, Pastries, Donuts, Cereal, Fresh fruit, Coffee and juice.
- Weight lifting equipment, cable and pulley system
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge, Front desk staff can help assist in your request.
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Mandarin, German)
- Guest laundry, available for a nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day cleaning available
- Express check out
- Late check out, based on availablity
- Cable or satellite television, DIRECTV®
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary open 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Dataports, wireless
- Mail services, outgoing mail and stamps
- Meeting facilities, Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Banquet facilities Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Conference facilities, Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Ballroom Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Hearing impaired services TDD phones, Signer, Bed buzzer and Light illuminator is available.
- Physically challenged facilities Roll in shower is available upon request.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines, available on every floor. Vending machine located on first floor only.
- Local shuttle
- Airport car, 4:00 a.m to 11:30 p.m.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundry/valet, available 24-hour for a nominal fee
- Electrical adapter for International guest
- Rooms with whirlpool tubs available
- Rider Friendly property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus bayside hotel in Oakland.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus bayside hotel in Oakland, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.785307 / Latitude: -122.245025
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 880 South and take Exit 16th Avenue. Turn right and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel will be immediately to your left.
From: The south. Take Interstate 880 North to Exit 5th Avenue. Turn left at the stop sign. Continue for half a mile and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel will be to your right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.10 mile(s) from USS Potomac, historic Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidential yacht museum
- 2.10 mile(s) from Lake Merritt Gondola, romantic Italian like tours around Lake Merritt
- 2.90 mile(s) from Children's Fairyland, storybook theme park for children
- 2.90 mile(s) from Fox Theatre, historic theatre in oakland for comedies and concerts.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Oakland Zoo, located in the Oakland Hills with a variety of different animals.
- 13.00 mile(s) from San Francisco Union Square, famous with multiple upscale stores and where the famous cable car passes through.
- 14.00 mile(s) from Ferry Building, also known as Ferry Plaza is home to the famous Farmers market on saturday and sunday and the first stop for the Bay Area Ferry.
- 14.30 mile(s) from Fisherman's Wharf, also known as pier 39. Clam Chowder is a must have, as well as the sour dough bread.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Ghirardelli Square, famous Ghirardelli chocolate can be found here along with a fine dining experience overlooking the waterfront of San Francisco.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lombard Street, the world's most crooked street.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Golden Gate Bridge, is world renowned, a must see and the main represenation of the Bay Area.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Alameda South Shore, strip mall with grocery stores and banks
- 6.60 mile(s) from Bay Street, located in Emeryville with multiple brand name stores
- 12.60 mile(s) from WestField Shopping Centre, located in San Francisco
- 22.30 mile(s) from Stoneridge Mall, located in Pleasanton
- 26.70 mile(s) from Paragon Outlets, located in Livermore
- 34.50 mile(s) from Great Mall Milpitas, outlet for major brands
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.20 mile(s) from Jack London Aquatic Center, launching site for kayaks out on the bay
- 2.50 mile(s) from Alameda Bicycle, rental
- 3.10 mile(s) from 24-Hour Fitness, gym, open 24-hours
- 3.30 mile(s) from AMF South Shore Lanes, bowling
- 3.30 mile(s) from Lake Merritt Boating, kayak and paddle boats for rental
- 5.60 mile(s) from Alameda Municipal Golf Course
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Oakland, California hotel.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Quinn's Lighthouse, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 1.90 mile(s) from ,House of Chicken and Waffle full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Bocanova, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Il Pescatore, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from La Penca Azul, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Asena, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Scott's Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yoshi's, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Lake Chalet, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.10 mile(s) from Fat Lady, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.60 mile(s) from Sushi House, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.60 mile(s) from Le Cheval, bar/lounge, Vietnamese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.90 mile(s) from Flora Restaurant & Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Pican, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the local area events happening in or near Oakland. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 KNBR Giants FanFest
Traveling San Francisco Giants fans won't want to miss the annual Giants FanFest, set to include player appearances, photo ops with World Series trophies, a kids' zone, and much more. The fest is held at AT&T Park, beginning at 10 a.m.
2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am
One of the PGA Tour's most renowned and scenic stops, Pebble Beach sees some of the best professional and celebrity, amateur golfers competing for prizes, alongside a week's worth of special events. The course is located in Pacific Grove, with event times yet to be determined.
2016 Ocean Film Festival
Dozens of independent films will be screened at the Cowell Theater at the Fisherman's Whart in San Francisco. The films have a theme of ocean and environmental awareness – ideal for the Bay Area visitor. Details will be announced as the festival approaches.
5th Annual Bay Area Brews Festival
Make your way to Pier 35 for the 5th Annual Bay Area Brew Festival. Find your favorite international and domestic beers, along with heaps of new brews you've yet to taste.
San Francisco Pride
Check out the 46th Annual San Francisco Pride Celebration & Parade. On June 25th & 26th, head for the San Francisco Civic Center Plaza for music, dancing, parades, and more.
Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon
Think you can handle a 1.5-mile swim, followed by an 18-mile bike ride, and then topped off with an 8-mile run? Great! Head for the San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf for the 2016 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon on June 12th.
Friday Nights @ OMCA
An inviting event held weekly at the Oakland Museum of California featuring local food trucks, regional craft beer tastings, live music, and special weekly events. The fun begins at 5 p.m. every Friday.
San Francisco Marathon
Comprised of several different running events, the San Francisco Marathon is one of the biggest events of the year. Take part in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon, Ultra Marathon, or 5K – head for the Embarcadero near the Ferry Building.
Oakland First Friday Festival
Just as the name would suggest, on the first Friday of each month, the KONO district in Oakland transforms into a cultural hub, teeming with galleries, street performers, food, live music, and much more. The event runs from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Visit Golden Gate Park this August for the annual Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival. See premier musical acts, comedy headliners, and try exceptional food in San Francisco.
Folsom Street Fair
Celebrating its 31st rendition, the Folsom Street Fair is one of the premier leather events in San Francisco. Join the anticipated 400,000 guests across 13 city blocks on September 25th, all in conjunction with San Francisco Leather Week.
San Francisco Fleet Week
Don't miss this year's Fleet Week Celebration in San Francisco. Celebrate and honor those men and women who served in US Armed Forces. There's an air show, parade of ships, and a variety live entertainment options.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean