BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
1717 Embarcadero, Oakland, CA 94606-5223
Phone: 510/356-2450 | Fax: 510/356-2451 | 81 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Our waterfront Oakland hotel is designed with your comfort and style in mind. Conveniently located near San Francisco, our hotel is gateway to it all.
Our property is uniquely positioned on Oakland's waterfront and offers a unique advantage of making it simple and fast to catch flights from the Oakland Airport. When choosing Oakland hotels, ensure that you get fantastic value as well as a great location. Each waterside room includes either a patio or balcony with impressive views of Oakland's waterway and at times you can even catch a glimpse of San Francisco. Travel 12 minutes on the BART or take a majestic ferry ride to the heart of downtown San Francisco.
Oakland has been voted one of the top cities to visit because of its trendy and creative food and restaurant resurgence, and its edgy arts scene. Discover it all at our waterfront Oakland hotel location just off the 880 Freeway. We are also very close to a number of Universities and Colleges including UC Berkeley and Laney.
We are the number one rated TripAdvisor hotel in Oakland, and one of the few Oakland waterfront hotels featuring free parking, free Internet, free shuttle service and a free hot breakfast. Enjoy a fresh cup of coffee with in the morning before heading out on your northern California adventure. With our beautiful water views, balconies and great amenities, we make your decision to stay with us easy.
Business travelers alike love our Waterfront Oakland hotel because we are just a BART ride away from San Francisco's Moscone Convention Center, and are centrally located in the Bay Area. Our location makes traveling to the Oakland A's Stadium, the Oakland Raider's Coliseum and Warrior's Arena a breeze to get to.
Reserve your next northern California stay today at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Features a different hot item every day from Egg omelets, Breakfast sandwiches, Waffles, Pastries, Donuts, Cereal, Fresh fruit, Coffee and juice.
- Weight lifting equipment, cable and pulley system
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge, Front desk staff can help assist in your request.
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, Chinese-Cantonese, Chinese-Mandarin, German)
- Guest laundry, available for a nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day cleaning available
- Express check out
- Late check out, based on availablity
- Cable or satellite television, DIRECTV®
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary open 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Dataports, wireless
- Mail services, outgoing mail and stamps
- Meeting facilities, Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Banquet facilities Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Conference facilities, Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Ballroom Beautiful, private setting away from the bustle of the city. Most rooms have water view and all have window for natural sun light. Large rooms are divisible. Rooms may be set according to need; banquet, conference, reception, etc.
- Hearing impaired services TDD phones, Signer, Bed buzzer and Light illuminator is available.
- Physically challenged facilities Roll in shower is available upon request.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines, available on every floor. Vending machine located on first floor only.
- Local shuttle
- Airport car, 4:00 a.m to 11:30 p.m.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Laundry/valet, available 24-hour for a nominal fee
- Electrical adapter for International guest
- Rooms with whirlpool tubs available
- Rider Friendly property
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus bayside hotel in Oakland.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus bayside hotel in Oakland, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.785307 / Latitude: -122.245025
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 880 South and take Exit 16th Avenue. Turn right and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel will be immediately to your left.
From: The south. Take Interstate 880 North to Exit 5th Avenue. Turn left at the stop sign. Continue for half a mile and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel will be to your right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.10 mile(s) from USS Potomac, historic Franklin D. Roosevelt's presidential yacht museum
- 2.10 mile(s) from Lake Merritt Gondola, romantic Italian like tours around Lake Merritt
- 2.90 mile(s) from Children's Fairyland, storybook theme park for children
- 2.90 mile(s) from Fox Theatre, historic theatre in oakland for comedies and concerts.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Oakland Zoo, located in the Oakland Hills with a variety of different animals.
- 13.00 mile(s) from San Francisco Union Square, famous with multiple upscale stores and where the famous cable car passes through.
- 14.00 mile(s) from Ferry Building, also known as Ferry Plaza is home to the famous Farmers market on saturday and sunday and the first stop for the Bay Area Ferry.
- 14.30 mile(s) from Fisherman's Wharf, also known as pier 39. Clam Chowder is a must have, as well as the sour dough bread.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Ghirardelli Square, famous Ghirardelli chocolate can be found here along with a fine dining experience overlooking the waterfront of San Francisco.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lombard Street, the world's most crooked street.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Golden Gate Bridge, is world renowned, a must see and the main represenation of the Bay Area.
- 2.80 mile(s) from Alameda South Shore, strip mall with grocery stores and banks
- 6.60 mile(s) from Bay Street, located in Emeryville with multiple brand name stores
- 12.60 mile(s) from WestField Shopping Centre, located in San Francisco
- 22.30 mile(s) from Stoneridge Mall, located in Pleasanton
- 26.70 mile(s) from Paragon Outlets, located in Livermore
- 34.50 mile(s) from Great Mall Milpitas, outlet for major brands
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.30 mile(s) from Alameda
- 4.80 mile(s) from Emeryville
- 8.90 mile(s) from San Leandro
- 10.20 mile(s) from Berkeley
- 13.90 mile(s) from San Francisco
- 33.00 mile(s) from Palo Alto
- 41.00 mile(s) from San Jose
- 2.10 mile(s) from Cost Plus
- 2.40 mile(s) from Wells Fargo Bank
- 2.40 mile(s) from Bank of America
- 2.50 mile(s) from Clorox
- 2.80 mile(s) from AT&T
- 2.80 mile(s) from California Department of Transportation, Caltrans
- 2.80 mile(s) from Kaiser
- 3.30 mile(s) from Pacific Gas & Electric
- 3.60 mile(s) from Alta Bates Medical
- 3.90 mile(s) from Telecare Medical Corporate
- 4.60 mile(s) from Holy Names University
- 4.70 mile(s) from Mill's College
- 8.50 mile(s) from University of California Berkeley
- 13.00 mile(s) from Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, FIDM
- 15.50 mile(s) from California State University East Bay
- 15.90 mile(s) from University of San Francisco, USF
- 20.70 mile(s) from California State Universtiy San Francisco, SFSU
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.20 mile(s) from Jack London Aquatic Center, launching site for kayaks out on the bay
- 2.50 mile(s) from Alameda Bicycle, rental
- 3.10 mile(s) from 24-Hour Fitness, gym, open 24-hours
- 3.30 mile(s) from AMF South Shore Lanes, bowling
- 3.30 mile(s) from Lake Merritt Boating, kayak and paddle boats for rental
- 5.60 mile(s) from Alameda Municipal Golf Course
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Oakland, California hotel.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Quinn's Lighthouse, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Starbucks®, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 1.90 mile(s) from ,House of Chicken and Waffle full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Bocanova, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Il Pescatore, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from La Penca Azul, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.90 mile(s) from Asena, full service, International, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Scott's Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Yoshi's, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Lake Chalet, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.10 mile(s) from Fat Lady, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.60 mile(s) from Sushi House, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.60 mile(s) from Le Cheval, bar/lounge, Vietnamese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.90 mile(s) from Flora Restaurant & Bar, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Pican, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest local area events happening in or near Oakland. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
San Jose Flea Market
Up to 1,500 vendors sell their goods at San Jose's famous flea market. The market is open all day on Wednesdays, Fridays, and weekends.
Marin County French Market
The Marin Civic Center near Corte Madera hosts this outdoor and French-themed market the 2nd Sunday of each month.
2015 Jazz on the Plazz
Set at the Los Gatos Town Plaza, the annual Jazz on the Plazz celebration is held every Wednesday evening during the beautiful Los Gatos summer. Produced by Los Gatos Music & Arts, this weekly concert series features picnic spots and live jazz.
San Francisco Shakespeare Festival
Relax and enjoy Shakespeare performances for the entire summer in San Francisco.
2015 Friday Nights @ OMCA
An inviting event held weekly at the Oakland Museum of California featuring local food trucks, regional craft beer tastings, live music, and special weekly events. The fun begins at 5 p.m. every Friday.
2015 Dancing Under the Stars
Reoccurring weekly, this event invites dancers of all skill levels to Jack London Square for an evening of free dance lessons and all-around fun. Each week brings a new theme. The fun begins at 8:30 p.m.
2015 Bites at the Lake: Mobile Food & Family Fun
Foodies won't want to miss this weekly event, held at the Lakeview Library Parking Lot in Oakland, featuring rotating local food trucks alongside family-friendly games and activities. The event begins at noon.
San Jose Jazz Festival
Over 100,000 visitors come to downtown San Jose to enjoy world-class jazz music.
2015 Oakland First Friday Festival
Just as the name would suggest, on the first Friday of each month, the KONO district in Oakland transforms into a cultural hub, teeming with galleries, street performers, food, live music, and much more. The event runs from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
2015 Woodminster Amphitheater Live Performances
The Woodminster Amphitheater in Oakland's Joaquin Miller State Park is set to host the cult-classic musical, the Producers, for a handful of dates in August. Performances are on August 7th, 8th, and 9th, and 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th at 8 p.m.
2015 Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival
A three-day art and music festival at Golden Gate Park in San Francisco featuring renowned hip-hop, indie rock, and jam band musicians. Headliners include Mumford and Sons, Elton John, Kendrick Lamar, and more.
2015 National Poetry Slam
One of the world's largest poetry slam competitions comes to Oakland during this week-long event. The contest is held at various locations throughout Oakland, with special events including open mics, workshops, and showcases.
A fun-filled half-marathon traversing Oakland, culminating in a festival featuring live music and beverage gardens near City Hall in Frank Ogawa Plaza. Runners and spectators are welcome. The event begins at 7 a.m.
2015 Oakland's Chinatown Streetfest
Explore over 200 specialty vendors spread across Oakland's bustling Chinatown. There will also be live entertainment and plenty to see and do. Event start time is TBA.
UC Berkley hosts this free festival, set to include plenty of live music, festival food, and family-friendly games and activities. The festival begins at 10 a.m.
2015 Arts & Soul Festival
A two-day festival featuring tons of the Bay Area's finest food, artists, music, and more, all held in downtown Oakland. Other events include the Throwdown BBQ Competition, Turf Dance, and more, beginning at 6 p.m.
2015 Nature Friends Biergarten Fest
Enjoy massive quantities of authentic German food, brew, music, dance, and other cultural activities at the Oakland Nature Friends Tourist Club in Oakland. The suds start flowing and the polka starts playing at noon.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean