BEST WESTERN Plus Bayside Inn
555 W Ash Street, San Diego, CA 92101-3414
Phone: 619/233-7500 | Fax: 619/239-8060 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
At BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn we offer convenience with comfort and amazing service! Located in the heart of downtown San Diego just three blocks from the harbor and a block from Little Italy, our proximity to all downtown has to offer is perfect for site seeing or weekend getaways.
Many of our guests tell us they return year after year for the extraordinary service and incredible location. Guests can walk to the harbor to explore all of the maritime museums, the Midway and Seaport Village. A little further walk can take you to the Gas Lamp District or Petco Park. Guests visiting local attraction including the San Diego Zoo®, SeaWorld® and Balboa Park will find convenient transportation nearby.
A great way to start the day is at our Bayside Bar & Grill Restaurant by taking advantage of our complimentary breakfast buffet which includes a variety of hot and cold items. We also include complimentary Wi-Fi and shuttle service for the airport and cruise terminal.
Our spacious guest rooms offer spectacular views of the Bay or the downtown San Diego skyline! All of our rooms include: balconies for you to relax in the refreshing San Diego harbor breeze, plush pillow top beds, refrigerators to store perishables, laptop sized safes for valuables and microwaves.
On-site covered parking is only $18 per night.
Our recent 1.5 million dollar renovation features our new lobby with: contemporary modern décor which provides our guests with an ample amount of comfortable seating, docking stations for electronic devices, and our modernized business center. Two additional amenities: an on-site fitness center with state of the art equipment and a convenient sundries area. Our pool and Jacuzzi® area has also been enhanced with an ample amount of our new comfortable woven modular deep seating and lounge chairs.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Airport courtesy shuttle available From 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Please call the hotel directly at 619-233-7500 upon arrival once you have collected your luggage. In order to assist all of our guests in the timeliest manner, we do not schedule pick-ups due to possible flight delays.
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Cocktail lounge, Bayside Bar & Grill
- 24-hour front desk
- Paid parking, 18.00 USD fee per night, onsite garage covered parking with in and out privileges
- Business center, new computer with fax, copy and printer
- Fax services
- Poolside services, food & beverage service
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Hot tub
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Computer modem hook ups
- Interior corridor
- Multilingual staff, (English, Japanese, French, Italian, Spanish, Tagalog)
- Express check out
- Late check out, subject to room availability
- Doctor on call
- Cable or satellite television
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services
- Banquet facilities
- Print boarding passes 24-hours a day
- Convenience store/Sundry Our sundries area offers a variety of convenience. Need a quick meal…? Grab one a frozen meal from our freezer section and add on some yummy snacks and beverages. Treat yourself to some ice-cream or candy. Newspapers, alcohol and travel size pharma
- Physically challenged services Shower bench
- Hearing impaired services TDD phone
- Physically challenged facilities ramps, grab bars, roll-in showers
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, first floor 18.00 USD fee per night
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle Our complimentary shuttle service is based on availability and includes: Airport, Cruise Terminal & Train Station Pick-Ups/Drop-Offs. Our shuttle hours are from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Please call the hotel directly at 619-233-7500 upon arrival.
- Garage parking, 24-hours, 18.00 USD fee per day
- Free fitness pass
- Complimentary newspaper
- Dry cleaning
BEST WESTERN Plus Bayside Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus bayside inn in San Diego.
BEST WESTERN Plus Bayside Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus bayside inn in San Diego, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.71973 / Latitude: -117.167668
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 5 South to Front Street exit. Right on Ash Street. Three blocks on Ash to The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn. Left side of street at Ash & Columbia. 163 South to Ash Street exit. Continue down Ash to the corner of Columbia & Ash Street. Hotel located on the left.
From: The south. Take Interstate 5 North to 6th Avenue. Turn left on 6th Avenue and right onto Ash Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn is located at the intersection of Columbia and Ash Street.
From: The east. Take Interstate 8 West to Highway 163 South and exit onto Ash Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn is located at the intersection of Columbia and Ash Street.
BEST WESTERN Plus Bayside Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Plan your next California getaway. The Cabrillo National Monument honors the landing spot of the first Spanish explorers when they arrived to San Diego area and later founded the city of San Diego. Visitors to this monument can enjoy exploring the history of the area or take part in outdoor activities.
The monument's visitors' center, guests can take a self-guided tour of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse, visit the "Age of Exploration" exhibit room, and see military history exhibits. Outside, guests can hike the Bayside Trail, go bicycling along Cabrillo Memorial Drive, and take in views of the city and Pacific Ocean.
Home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar is located north of San Diego, California. In use from 1917 to 1920, then again from 1929 to the present, MCAS Miramar is found north of downtown San Diego, just east of I-805.
The airfield at MCAS Miramar is named after Admiral M.A. Mitscher – he commanded Task Force 58 in WWII. The MCAS Miramar was once the home of the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School – and its TOPGUN training program. When you visit MCAS Miramar, be sure to check out the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, and the annual Miramar Airshow, held in October.
Since 1997, Southern California has been the home to the largest military command in the country's southwest region. The Naval Base Coronado encompasses more than 57,000 acres of land, in San Diego.
This impressive aerospace-industrial complex is the largest of its kind in the United States Navy. Although one Commanding Officer is in charge over the entire base, it employs more than 36,000 civilian and military personnel.
It remains one of the largest employers in San Diego County. The base provides the space for air, ground, undersea and sea operations.
The southern tip of San Diego in the San Diego Bay was kept lit for thirty-six years by a faithful light. The Old Point Loma Lighthouse was completed 1855 at a height of forty-six feet on top of a 400-foot cliff.
It was one of the first eight lighthouses to be built on the west coast. This historical white brick lighthouse features a green lantern and was visible for twenty-eight miles. Visit from downtown San Diego.
Due to the location of the "Old Spanish Lighthouse" on top of Point Loma, the low fog and clouds often made it hard to see the light. By 1891, the light was discontinued and no longer used.
The New Point Loma Lighthouse was built on the tip of the point at eighty-eight feet above sea level. While in San Diego, make time to visit the historical Old Point Loma Lighthouse to stroll through the lighthouse, see the living quarters and walk through the museum. The lighthouse is located in the Cabrillo National Monument.
Fun for all ages, Old Town San Diego State Historic Park offers visitors a glimpse into what life was like in San Diego from 1821 to 1872. Visitors stroll through the restored 5 historic buildings, adobes, museums and shops from this once Mexican pueblo town, to see how it was transformed into an American Settlement.
Step into La Casa de Estudillo, La Casa de Machado y Stewart, Mason Street School, the first public school in California, the San Diego Union Printing Office and the Seeley Stables Museum. Enjoy your time learning about the history of San Diego.
Major League Baseball in San Diego is alive and well. Petco Park has been the home ballpark for the San Diego Padres since 2004, after they left Qualcomm Stadium. The stadium's first baseball game was part of a four-team NCAA invitational tournament with the San Diego State Aztecs baseball team.
A record crowd was in attendance as they beat Houston. Fans love to watch the games from the "Park at the Park" area near the outfield fence. In addition to baseball games, the stadium hosts concerts and special events. Explore the park on your next stay in the San Diego area.
Top entertainer concerts performed in the ballpark include The Rolling Stones, Madonna and Taylor Swift. From 2007 to 2009, the USA Stevens rugby sevens tournament was held at Petco Park. Additional events hosted at the park include American Idol auditions and the Food Network's "Chairman's Challenge."
Southern California residents and visitors in the San Diego area have supported the San Diego Chargers professional football team since 1967. Qualcomm Stadium, a multi-purpose facility, has been home to Chargers from the beginning. The stadium was named San Diego Stadium from 1967 to 1980, then named Jack Murphy Stadium from 1980 to 1997, then finally named Qualcomm Stadium since 1997.
The San Diego Padres professional baseball team played in the stadium from 1969 to 2003, when they moved to Petco Park. Located in San Diego's Mission Valley area, the stadium is also home to the San Diego State University Aztecs football team. Three Super Bowl games have been held at the stadium in addition to Major League Baseball All-Star Games and World Series games.
Flying into San Diego? San Diego International Airport was constructed at the encouragement of Charles Lindbergh in 1928. By 1934, the airport was designated as an international airport. The airport was also used by the United States Coast Guard Base.
In 1942, this San Diego area airport was used during World War II. After the war, commercial flights were available via Pacific Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Western Airlines, Bonanza and PSA. The airport has become the busiest single-runway commercial airport in America.
Sixteen airline support providers and seven airfreight companies also contribute to the traffic at this busy airport. Passengers have a choice of eighteen commercial airlines for flights to many major U.S. cities. Make the most of your time in the San Diego area.
Established in 1897, San Diego State University is situated northwest of downtown San Diego, and is a wonderful attraction within the San Diego metro area. Visitors from nearby cities like Oceanside, and Chula Vista make frequent trips to SDSU during the fall to catch all of the Aztec football action at Qualcomm Stadium. Academically, SDSU offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and is a member of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
While in San Diego visiting SDSU, many visitors enjoy taking time to explore the local attractions like Balboa Park, and the famous San Diego Zoo. During the winter, many sports fans enjoy the high-energy, alley-oop action of SDSU Aztec basketball. Head to Viejas Arena and watch as both the men's and women's Aztec basketball teams compete against the rest of the Mountain West Conference.
A full day of fun awaits at the San Diego Zoo, located in San Diego's Balboa Park. Stroll through the Discovery Outpost, Lost Forest, Asian Passage, Panda Canyon, Polar Rim, Elephant Odyssey, Urban Jungle, Africa Rocks and Outback to visit all of the animals. The zoo has been providing fun times with animals since its opening in 1915. Enjoy a relaxing ride on the gondola, the Skyfari, for a birds-eye view of the entire zoo.
Ready for a unique zoo adventure? Sign up for one of the special zoo tours. The Backstage Pass - Ultimate Encounter allows visitors to meet many of the exotic animals up close. Additional options include the Inside Look tour, the Discovery tour and the Horticulture tour. Make the most of your time exploring the San Diego metro area.
See one of the most famous attractions on the planet – SeaWorld San Diego. Located near the sun and sand of San Diego’s Mission Bay, it's the original marine mammal park and aquarium. Home of Shamu,the magnificent and talented killer whale featured in popular daily shows is arguably the park’s most famous resident.
This family-friendly park is full of world-class marine exhibits, aquariums and rides - providing a full-days fun and entertainment. It's a premier destination in San Diego and the entire San Diego metro area.
Optimize your SeaWorld experience by checking feeding times and visit your favorite exhibit at the designated time. Special reservations can also be made for behind-the-scenes tours, or the Dine with Shamu programs – offering back-stage access to the killer whale habitat and trainers.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.50 mile(s) from San Diego Zoo®, the, World Famous, San Diego Zoo has an abundance of amazing animals and plants. Enjoy fun and informative tours, ride the Skyfari for spectacular views of the Zoo and Balboa Park or hike the trails while exploring and learning about the zoo's numerous animals like the giant pandas!
- 3.50 mile(s) from Balboa Park, has 1200+ acres that offers something for everyone from its gorgeous botanical gardens to the many museums or theaters.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Seaport Village, is water front shopping, dining and entertainment.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Gaslamp Quarter, this historical neighborhood in Downtown San Diego offers a variety of entertainment and night life venues, as well as festivals.
- 1.50 mile(s) from San Diego Convention Center
- 0.40 mile(s) from Harbor Cruises
- 5.00 mile(s) from Sea World®
- 1.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum of San Diego
- 4.00 mile(s) from Old Town San Diego, explore what life was like in 1850 at the birthplace of California by visiting the Historic Old Town San Diego. Enjoy museums, artisans, galleries and shops.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Beaches
- 15.00 mile(s) from Mexico
- 40.00 mile(s) from Legoland®
- 0.70 mile(s) from Horton Plaza
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 0.10 mile(s) from bicycling/jogging, trails
- 2.00 mile(s) from golf course
- 3.20 mile(s) from boating and fishing
- 17.00 mile(s) from diving and snorkeling
- 30.00 mile(s) from casinos
- Fine dining on premises, Bayside Bar & Grill
- The Bayside Bar and Grill, on premises, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: breakfast, dinner,
- Within walking distance from the hotel a world of culinary pleasures awaits you in downtown. Enjoy beautiful views of the San Diego Bay at fine seafood and continental cuisine restaurants. Or just a 10-minute drive or trolley ride will take you into Historic Old Town San Diego where you can enjoy authentic Mexican Cuisine.
BEST WESTERN Plus Bayside Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near San Diego. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean