BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel
3228 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Phone: 760/924-1234 | Fax: 760/934-3626 | 73 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Come join us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel where you'll experience luxury amidst the breathtaking beauty of California's Sierra Nevada mountain range.
With our knowledgeable and friendly staff ready to greet your arrival, you will enjoy our 100% non-smoking facility nestled in the middle of town with easy access to restaurants, shops and the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. Our newly renovated hotel has beautiful guest rooms, an indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, business center, game room and our very own Cafe 203 complete with evening lounge. From our standard rooms with a king or two queen beds, to our suites with kitchenettes or hot tubs, we have a variety of accommodations to satisfy any desire. We even have a honeymoon suite for that romantic getaway or kid’s suites complete with a set of bunk beds for the youngsters. All of our rooms come standard with a 37-inch flat screen TV, free wireless Internet, a work desk and daily housekeeping. Whether you are here for work or play, our complimentary hot buffet breakfast will prepare you for your day. Once you check in, we don't allow early departures. Contact the hotel for details.
In this outdoorsman paradise you'll find adventure and fun awaiting your arrival any time of the year. In the summer you can enjoy annual music festivals and more such as the Jazz Jubilee and Bluesapalooza, the Ford Motocross competition, Mammoth Mountain Bike Park, Volcom Skate park competition and Oktoberfest to name a few. Winter brings lots of snow and The Roxy Chicken Jam, Mammoth Dog Sledding, the West Coast Invitational and much more.
Mammoth Lakes is where you want to be to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, sledding, snowmobiling, biking, rock climbing, hiking, golfing or fishing. Whether you are a seasoned explorer or just simply looking for a peaceful vacation, we have it all.
Reserve your next adventure and come stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel in the beautiful Sierra Nevada. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. daily.
- Cocktail lounge, beer and wine only. Opened 5:00 pm-10:00 pm nightly.
- Indoor pool heated
- Hot tub
- Massage services, Belladonna Day Spa in house. Call separate number for reservations.
- Exercise facility, Elliptical machine Open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper,
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Guest laundry, coin operated washer and dryer
- Late check out, based upon availability check with front desk
- Safe deposit box, located at the front desk
- Children's activities, game room with video games
- Cable or satellite television, TVs available in Cafe/Lounge, Lobby, and all guest rooms.
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for internet access
- Business center, two computer stations, one printer with fax machine
- Fax services
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, leave outgoing mail at front desk for daily mail drop. Can buy stamps at front desk.
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, lowered counter at front desk for check-in
- Hearing impaired services, TDD phones, Alertmaster all in one notification system (phone, door, alarm clock, alarm)
- Physically challenged facilities, grab bars in all rooms, some with roll-in shower, all with shower chairs, all have internal connecting doors to adjacent non-physically challenged room.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Meeting facilities
- Complimentary newspapers available in lobby
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus high sierra hotel in Mammoth Lakes.
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus high sierra hotel in Mammoth Lakes, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 37.648479 / Latitude: -118.969268
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Southern California. Take either Highway 14 or the 15 freeway north to Highway 395 North. Follow Highway 395 North exiting at SR-203 into Mammoth Lakes. At approximately three miles turn right at the Chevron gas station. The BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel is to the right.
From: Northern California. Take either SR-120, SR-108, SR-89 or Highway 80 East turning onto Highway 395 South. Follow Highway 395 South exiting at SR-203 into Mammoth Lakes. At approximately three miles turn right at the Chevron gas station. The BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel is to the right. Watch for winter road closures.
From: Las Vegas. Take Highway 95 North turning onto Highway 6 heading west. Once in Bishop turn onto Highway 395 North exiting at SR-203 into Mammoth Lakes. At approximately three miles turn right at the Chevron gas station. The BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel is to the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located near Mammoth Mountain, Devils Postpile National Monument is an amazing formation of columnar basalt. Visit High Sierras of California during summer and fall – monument is closed during winter and spring. Accessible by automobile, shuttle or bicycle – this is an ideal destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
Be sure to take in Rainbow Falls on the San Joaquin River, and you are welcome to bring your fishing pole as well. Hikers can enjoy the John Muir Trail and Pacific Crest Trail and enjoy the scenic outdoors. A marvel of mother nature, Devils Postpile is a sight to behold. Enjoy Devils Postpile with a drive in from nearby Mammoth Lakes.
Planning a flight to California? Mammoth Yosemite Airport is located ten minutes southeast of Mammoth Lakes, in the High Sierras region of California. The airport's runway services commercial flights to Los Angeles, San Jose and from Portland, Oregon via Alaska Airlines. United Airlines provides flights to Mammoth Yosemite Airport from Orange County, San Francisco and San Diego.
Convenient parking and the airport terminal provide conveniences for passengers. General aviation enthusiasts will find a variety of services with Hot Creek Aviation, the airport's fixed based operator. Air charters are also available with GaryAir Taxi.
See one of the most iconic national parks in the U.S. Yosemite National Park in the High Sierras of California, is 1,200 square miles of spectacular wilderness. Recognized by its massive granite formations, waterfalls and groves of giant sequoia trees, the park encompasses a large section of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
Travelers find activities year round in Yosemite including hiking, biking, climbing and sightseeing – snow sports are found near the park in winter. Spring runoff fills the rivers and streams making it the best time for viewing the parks waterfalls. Named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Yosemite is easily reached from California’s major cities. You can make the short drive in from nearby cities like Mammoth Lakes or Mariposa.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mammoth Mountain Bike Park, summer months on Mammoth Mountain bring incredible cross country and downhill mountain biking trails (single track and dirt road). Take the gondola up and feel the wind in your hair on the downhill!! Fantastic views and endless adventure are waiting for you.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mammoth Mountain, whether winter or summer, Mammoth Mountain has a bit for all. Hike, bike, or take the scenic Gondola ride to the interpretive center at the top of the mountain and experience the Sierra Nevada Mountains from 11,083 feet.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hot Creek Geological site, with the amazing mountains all around you, it is easy to miss the fact that you are in a million year old caldera. That is, of course, until you visit this 'hot' river which has so much geothermal activity that they have harnessed it for electricity output.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Valentine Eastern Sierra, with a total of 156 acres split between two locations around Mammoth Lakes, an abundance of wildlife, wildflowers, incredible scenery, and the educators of U.C. Santa Barbara, you can't miss the opportunity to explore through one of the Valentine Preserve's talks and tours. Check out their website to find scheduled times.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hot Creek State Fish Hatchery, ever wonder where those fish that you are catching in our wonderful lakes come from? With so many people visiting us to fish, they can't all be just native. Being one of the most important broodstock and production facilities in the Western US, the mission of the fish hatchery is to insure the future survival of wild and native Trout species. Pay them a visit to see where it all starts.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mammoth Museums, with a history full of ski and mining adventures, Mammoth Lakes has an abundance of stories to tell and sites to visit. It all starts at the museums where you'll develop a whole new appreciation for the adventurer's soul which developed Mammoth Lakes into what it is today. Definitely a must visit for anyone coming to town.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Minaret Vista, as you approach Mammoth Lakes from the south, you are greeted with a series of jagged peaks placed behind Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. From this vista point, those jagged peaks, called the Minarets, are so impressive it will take your breath away. Don't forget your camera!!
- 10.00 mile(s) from Devil's Postpile, this National Monument is the world's finest example of columnar basalt. It was created by a lava flow that occurred over 1,000,000 years ago and is honored by hundreds of visitors annually. Just a mile hike away is the 101 foot waterfall of Rainbow Falls. Make it a day and fish, hike, and explore this beautiful area.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Mono Lake, this impressive 70.5 square mile lake is an oasis in the deserts of the Great Basin. It has become a vital habitat for millions of migratory and nesting birds. Whether you are exploring on kayak or land, the mineral Tufa and unique environment will thrill your senses.
- 40.00 mile(s) from Yosemite National Park, a visit to the Sierra Nevada Mountains can't be complete without a visit to this amazing National Park. Around every corner you are presented with incredible scenery, wildlife, and forests. Visit the Tuolumne Meadows for its granite domes, meadows and lakes. Continue to the Yosemite Valley to see the awe inspiring 3,593 foot face of El Capitan and the 2,425 foot Yosemite Falls (best in the spring). Come for a visit and you won't want to leave!!
- 60.00 mile(s) from Bodie Ghost Town, nestled high above the foothills of Mono Lake, lies one of the most well preserved ghost towns in the West. Originating in the 1800's, this mining community is protected in the state in which it was left: the grocery store fully stocked, the bar with pool table waiting for someone to play on it, and homes with personal belongings. Bring the camera, a good pair of shoes and a sun hat, as you'll want to explore every nook and cranny.
- 95.00 mile(s) from Manzanar, this National Monument stands in memory of the hundreds of Japanese families that were uprooted from their lives and taken to these internment camps during World War II. Remnants of their resiliency lives on in the water gardens that you will find among the trees. Pay a visit to the museum prior to walking the grounds to fully understand this part of our history that is vitally important to remember. Come in April and you'll catch the annual pilgrimage of those who grew up in this camp.
- 105 mile(s) from Mount Whitney, this highest summit in the contiguous United States paints a beautiful picture as you pass through Lone Pine. Whether you decide to day hike up its flanks or view it from town, it is worth a visit.
- 180 mile(s) from Death Valley, the interesting thing about this region of California is that we have both the highest and the lowest point in the lower 48 states. The lowest being Death Valley National Park at 282 feet below sea level. Enjoy the wildflowers in spring and take a hike onto the incredible sand dunes. You'll feel like you're in a whole different world.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Mammoth Luxury Outlets, small outlet mall with Polo Ralph Lauren, Coach, Bass and Van Heusen.
- 1 mile(s) from Village at Mammoth, outdoor shopping area with stores such as Tonic, McCoy Sports and First Street Leather.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 166 mile(s) from Reno, NV
- 319 mile(s) from Las Vegas, NV
- 319 mile(s) from Los Angeles
- 397 mile(s) from San Diego
- 7 mile(s) from Hot Creek Geothermal, energy production
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 5 mile(s) from skiing and snowboarding, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area has 3,500 acres of skiable terrain, 3,100 feet of vertical drop, 150 trails, 3 massive terrain parks and some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the country. Come once and you'll never want to leave.
- 5 mile(s) from mountain biking, Mammoth Mountain Bike Park
- 5 mile(s) from Cross Country skiing, The Tamarack Cross Country Ski Center hosts 19 miles of groomed skating, classic, and snowshoe trails that meander around the lakes of the Mammoth Scenic Lakes Basin for a day of peaceful delight. They even offer full moon adventures for those looking for a different experience.
- 5 mile(s) from dog sledding, Nothing is more exhilarating than traveling through the pristine wilderness on a sled pulled by 12 energetic dogs. It is an experience that shouldn't be missed.
- 5 mile(s) from DJ's Snowmobile Adventures Inc., whether in a group or on your own, there are wide expanses of forest to explore and on a snowmobile is the best way to do it. Feel the adrenaline rush of traveling over unexplored land and the peacefulness of being deep among the trees and mountains.
- 5 mile(s) from rock climbing, winter or summer, you can find some rocks to climb upon. In the winter head 40 miles south to some world renowned bouldering and vertical climbing. In the summers...well...we are living among the most fantastic crags around. These mountains have endless possibilities whether you are a beginner or more experienced.
- 5 mile(s) from golf, imagine playing on a course with the wind at your back and a mountain view at your front. Here in Mammoth Lakes, you have two alpine courses to choose from. One par-70 18 hole course nestled among trees dotted with crystal lakes and the other par-35 9 hole course with open meadows and brushed greens. Whatever your desire, either is sure to please.
- 5 mile(s) from fishing and boating, with the melting of the snow, the lakes of the Scenic Lake Basin and surrounding majestic alpine lakes melt and become the prime location for a bounty of fishing, boating and exploring. Nothing can beat the feeling of the sun in your face, the mountains reflecting on the waters around you and some fish in your hand.
- 5 mile(s) from skateboarding, with two skate parks in town, your kids will be overjoyed. The Volcom Skatepark opened in March 2009 and hosts features such as a giant cradle, the love seat wall, lumps, bumps and a big 'ol bowl. The Shady Rest Skatepark is an 8,000 square foot street scene park with an ollie-able fire hydrant and a jersey barrier.
- 5 mile(s) from horseback riding, back country meadows, pristine alpine lakes, and majestic mountain peaks all await your senses as you travel through the wilderness on horseback. With over five pack stations within a 15 mile radius, your options of locations are endless.
- 7 mile(s) from day hiking, which would you prefer? A gentle walk next to a wandering creek, an exploration among mountain wildflowers, or an adventure to the top of an 11,000 foot peak. They are all within your grasp here in the center of the Sierra Nevada. Come explore!!
- 7 mile(s) from kayaking, strangely enough, there is no Mammoth Lake. There are, however, so many lakes both big and small around our town that you won't be left wondering which shoreline to explore next. The most interesting is Mono Lake just 16 miles away with its Tufa and wildbird habitats.
- 10 mile(s) from ATV riding and dirt biking, don't feel like pedaling your way on a bicycle but love exploring the miles and miles of dirt roads that lead into our vast wilderness? Try ATV riding or dirt biking. Every June, you can even experience the energy of the Mammoth Lakes Motocross as either a spectator or a competitor. Tons of fun just waiting for you.
- 20 mile(s) from bird watching, join the Mono Lake Committee Information Center ranger walks every Friday and Sunday to explore the shoreline of this 760,000 year old lake. Every spring and summer, from Snowy Plovers to Red-Necked Phalaropes, this lake becomes the home for over 100 species of birds.
- Cafe 203, on premises, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, dinner, Breakfast: American Hot Buffet Dinner: Indian Buffet/pizza/salads
- Adjacent to Stellar Brew, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: lunch, Excellent sandwiches available for lunch.
- Across the street from Slocums, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner, Nightly Happy Hour with reduced prices on cocktails and appetizers.
- Across the street from Base Camp Cafe, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Perry's Italian Cafe, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- Across the street from John's Pizza Works, Fast Food, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.25 mile(s) from Angel's, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, The Best BBQ in town.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Mogul, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Nik-n-Willies Pizza & Sub, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Chart House, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Good Life Cafe, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Gomez's, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, Best Authentic Mexican Restaurant in town.
- 0.75 mile(s) from Alpenrose Sierra Grill, Full Service, Pacific Rim, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Shogun, Full Service, Japanese, Open for: dinner, Excellent sushi.
- 1 mile(s) from Giovanni's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Best pizza in town.
- 1 mile(s) from Nevado's, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Petra's, Full Service, French, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Burgers, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Whiskey Creek, Full Service, American, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Mammoth Brewing Company, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Auld Dubliner, Full Service, International, Open for: dinner, Irish fare with music on the weekends.
- 1.25 mile(s) from The Stove, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast,
- 1.25 mile(s) from Skadi, Full Service, Mediterranean, Open for: dinner,
- 4 mile(s) from The Lakefront, Full Service, French, Open for: dinner, Romantic atmosphere on Twin Lakes.
- 13 mile(s) from Convict Lake Restaurant, Full Service, French, Open for: dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS High Sierra Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Mammoth Lakes. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Haunted Downtown
Merchants throughout downtown Mariposa celebrate Halloween with trick or treating and other "horrific" events fit for the whole family. Event start time is TBA.
2015 Desert Empire Fair
This Ridgecrest community staple has been entertaining families for over 65 years – and this year will be no different. Held at the Desert Empire Fair & RV Park, this event is set to feature a ton of rides, games, food, vendors, events, and so much more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean