BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel
4450 Main Street, Chula Vista, CA 91911-6508
Phone: 619/422-2600 | Fax: 619/425-4605 | 118 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Endless adventure and entertainment awaits at this Chula Vista hotel that is located right on the border between the US and Mexico. Nearby San Diego, CA is known for picturesque beaches and fine dining. Check out an event at the Sleep Train Amphitheater or see how the pros get ready for gold at the U.S. Olympic Training Center.
This Chula Vista hotel boasts close proximity to downtown San Diego and manufacturing in Tijuana. Spend the morning eating authentic Mexican cuisine and the afternoon exploring the gas lamp district. We're the closest hotel to the new Aquatica Waterpark by Sea World®.
Comic-Con is an event that draws travelers from around the world. Indulge in our deluxe complimentary breakfast that features hot eggs and waffles, cereals, fruits, yogurts and 100% Arabica coffee. A glass of chilled juice completes your morning.
Business travelers especially enjoy the luxury of this Chula Vista hotel. Regular employees of Sony, Panasonic, and Maquiladora are regular guests. We're also proud to host folks in town for Special Ops and Parachute Rescue Training at the Tactical Air Operations Training Facility in Jamul.
This Chula Vista hotel is competitively priced, a great value, and minutes away from everything in San Diego's South Bay. Spacious rooms and a friendly staff are just what weary travelers need. We are the nicest, cleanest hotel in the area. A superior location doesn't hurt, either. Easy access on and off the highway makes choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel a sure thing.
Our multi-lingual staff members are happy to help you plan the perfect getaway. Whether you prefer border hopping, restaurant sampling, or bronzing yourself on the beach, you're in luck. If you're in town for a special event, enjoy the perks of oversized rooms and plenty of amenities. Our Chula Vista hotel has everything you need.
Book a deluxe stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel and get ready for superior international travel.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, Open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. newly remodeled: two treadmills with LCD, one universal machine, one stepper, one bicycle, two wall LCDs
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Treadmill, with LCD attached
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff (English & Spanish)
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, based on availability
- Safe deposit box, no charge/ located at the front desk
- Cable or satellite television, with HBO®, ESPN®, Discovery Channel, CNN® and pay-per-view movies
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms, wireless data and personal computer connection
- Business center, personal computer and wireless connection
- Printer available
- Fax services, no charge, available at the front desk
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, picked up every morning
- Physically challenged facilities Pool lift
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, free parking
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking, free parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper, available at the front desk and breakfast room
BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus otay valley hotel in Chula Vista.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus otay valley hotel in Chula Vista, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.594595 / Latitude: -117.037455
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: San Diego International Airport Lindbergh Field. Take Interstate 5 South to Interstate 54 East. Merge to the right to Interstate 805 South. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is at the foot of the off ramp.
From: Brown Field. Take Interstate 905 West to Interstate 805 North. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is located to left side right off interstate 805.
From: General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport. Cross the United States border to San Diego. Go on Interstate 905 West for about six miles. Go on Interstate 805 North. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the left. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is located to left side right off interstate 805.
From: McClellan-Palomar Airport. Take Interstate 5 South to Interstate 54 East. Merge to the right to Interstate 805 South. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is at the foot of the off ramp.
From: Downtown San Diego. Take Interstate 5 South to Interstate 54 East. Merge to the right to Interstate 805 South. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is at the foot of the off ramp.
From: Petco Park. Take Interstate 5 South to Interstate 54 East. Merge to the right to Interstate 805 South. Exit Main Street/ Auto Park Drive to the right. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel is at the foot of the off ramp.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sleep Train Amphitheatre, is an outdoor performing arts theater with reserved seating for 10,000 and additional seating for 10,000 on an attractively landscaped lawn.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Aquatica by SeaWorld®, Aquatica SeaWorld® Waterpark is set to make a splash this summer just minutes from SeaWorld®. Aquatica San Diego, like its sister parks in San Antonio and Orlando, Florida, will feature guest experiences from serene to extreme, with water play as endless as the sea itself, and will be home to a variety of exotic animals, providing an educational component to a waterpark visit that is both unexpected and enriching. Aquatica SeaWorld® Waterpark in San Diego, at 2052 Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista, California, is scheduled to open June 1, 2013. To learn all the latest news, follow the "Aquatica San Diego: Making a Splash". Aquatica San Diego will be a lushly landscaped waterpark with up-close animal experiences, high speed thrills and the amenities of a beachside resort. Among dozens of slides and rides at this whimsical, South Seas-themed waterpark will be Big Surf Shores. One of the largest wave pools in Southern California.
- 6.00 mile(s) from International Maquiladora, a dominant manufacturing center of the North American continent, the city maintains facilities of numerous multinational conglomerate companies. The 2000s (decade) saw Tijuana become the medical device manufacturing capital of North America.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Arco/U.S. Olympic Training Center, in Chula Vista is the first USOC training center to be master-planned from the ground up and is dedicated to the development and performance of America’s future Olympic athletes. The year-round, warm-weather facility in Chula Vista, California, was a gift to the United States Olympic Committee from the San Diego National Sports Training Foundation, a group of dedicated business and community leaders, and volunteers who raised the funds to build the Center. The Chula Vista Olympic Training Center rests on a 155-acre complex adjacent to Lower Otay Reservoir in San Diego County. The Center has sport venues and support facilities for the Olympic sports of archery, BMX, canoe/kayak, cycling, field hockey, rowing, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field and triathlon. Athletes are chosen to train the CVOTC by their respective sport Federation or National Governing Body (NGB).
- 10.00 mile(s) from Downtown San Diego, San Diego's thriving downtown districts offer a plethora of options for accommodations, activities, dining and cultural attractions, all accessible by foot or by trolley. Modern and historic buildings stand side-by-side, in the downtown historic Gaslamp District, housing shops and boutiques, trendy nightclubs, rooftop bars and fine dining restaurants. During the day, families can enjoy various cultural attractions, like The New Children's Museum, or take in a baseball game at Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres, or catch a ride on the trolley to Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo. With plenty choices to eat, shop and explore, families can enjoy a true California urban safari in San Diego's downtown district. After dark, the area transforms into a sophisticated playground for adults. With an endless variety of posh night clubs, sizzling music venues and sky-high rooftop bars, you are bound for an adventurous and memorable night on the town.
- 12.00 mile(s) from San Diego Zoo, an urban paradise for all ages, the San Diego Zoo is a must-see in Southern California. Spend the day monkeying around in our tropical oasis as you visit amazing habitats for animals such as gorillas, tigers, sun bears, flamingos, mandrills, polar bears, birds of paradise, giant tortoises, leopards and more. Take a Panda Trek to visit the giant pandas and other animals that share their bamboo forest habitat. Go back in time through Elephant Odyssey to discover what animals used to roam Southern California and to see a herd of Asian elephants. Enjoy a guided tour on a double-decker bus or an aerial view from Skyfari, dine in the peaceful surroundings of Albert’s Restaurant, and see animals up close in the Children's Zoo. Discover the wonders of wildlife with animal encounters, interactive experiences, and keeper presentations. A leader in animal care and conservation, the San Diego Zoo is at the heart of the San Diego experience.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Seaport Village, a 14 acre waterfront shopping, dining and entertainment complex recreating a harbor side setting of a century ago. Includes 54 one of a kind shops, 13 casual dining eateries, four fine dining waterfront restaurants, and located in close proximity.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Old Town, is a frequent visit for many San Diego residents as well as tourists. What attracts so many to this small area of San Diego is the history and culture that remains a part of old town. There are over 25 restaurants in a mile radius all offering authentic and cultural cuisine. In addition to the food and shopping Old Town hosts many events and has nightly entertainment in many of the restaurants located here. Within Old Town there are three Park Agencies: State, City and County, all of which have historic sites operated as museums. Located at the northern end of Old Town, Old Town San Diego State Historic Park is the most visited park in the state system and all of its museums are free to the public.
- 16.00 mile(s) from Qualcomm Stadium, home of the San Diego Charges. The stadium is also used for concerts, truck and tractor pulls and super-cross motorcycle races.
- 17.00 mile(s) from SeaWorld®, connect with the sea and go on exhilarating rides and amazing adventures. Be awed by Shamu in the One Ocean show. Soar, dive and twist like a ray on our Manta coaster or take a spin on Shipwreck Rapids. Plus, from the waters of SeaWorld sprouts a whole new waterpark. Aquatica SeaWorld’s Waterpark is located just minutes from SeaWorld on Entertainment Circle in Chula Vista.
- 35.00 mile(s) from Wild Animal Park, enter the winged world of this aviary near the entrance to the Park and find yourself up close to a variety of feathered beauties. You might see a bird dart in front of you and vanish into the protective shelter of a broad-leafed plant. Overhead, wings disturb the air, and your ears fill with chirps, cackles, and hoots, the sounds of flourishing avian life. Some of the species here are rare in the wild, and others are seldom seen in collections. There are no moats, no barriers. You could literally reach out and touch the birds if they would let you. But they won’t! Step too close and they nimbly hop away or flutter to an inaccessible branch. Nonetheless, you are closer to them than would be possible in the shadows of a forest. You are a guest in their enclosure!
- 35.00 mile(s) from LEGOLAND®, provides education, adventure and fun in this first park of its kind in the United States.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Chula Vista Center, department stores, restaurants & movie theatre
- 3.00 mile(s) from Las Americas Premium Outlets, 125 outlet stores. Find impressive savings at Adidas, Banana Republic, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, Coach®, Gap Outlet, Guess®, J.Crew, Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Sony, Tommy Bahama, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour and more.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Westfield Plaza Bonita, department stores, restaurants & movie theatre
- 6.00 mile(s) from Otay Ranch Town Center, department store, restaurants & movie theatre
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bonita
- 3.00 mile(s) from Tijuana, Mexico, is the largest city on the Baja California Peninsula and center of the Tijuana metropolitan area, part of the international San Diego–Tijuana metropolitan area. An industrial and financial center of Mexico. As the city has become a leading center in the country, so has the surrounding metropolitan area, a major industrial and paramount metropolis in northwestern Mexico. The city is the most visited border city in the globe; sharing an approximate 24-kilometer-long border (15 miles) with its sister city San Diego, over fifty million people annually cross the border between these two cities. This metropolitan crossing makes the San Ysidro Port of Entry the busiest land-border crossing in the world.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Otay Mesa
- 6.00 mile(s) from Imperial Beach
- 8.00 mile(s) from National City
- 9.00 mile(s) from Spring Valley
- 10.00 mile(s) from San Diego
- 15.00 mile(s) from Coronado
- 20.00 mile(s) from El Cajon
- 20.00 mile(s) from Rosarito, Mexico
- 1.00 mile(s) from Surface Technologies, marine decking and coating services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Raytheon, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Nypro Precision Assemblies, Maquiladora management services./ shelter services for manufacturing companies
- 3.50 mile(s) from Leviton Manufactuing, manufacturer of electronics
- 5.00 mile(s) from Goodrich Corporation, global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace and defense industry.
- 5.50 mile(s) from Panasonic Corporation, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Hitachi Home Electronics, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 6.00 mile(s) from San Diego Jet Center, airport services for Brown Field Airport
- 7.00 mile(s) from Toyota Motor Manufacturing, manufacturer of Toyota automobile.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Sanyo North America, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Pioneer Speaker Inc., manufacturer of speakers and electronics
- 7.00 mile(s) from Kojo Worldwide Corporation, manufacturer of hotel bedspread and linen
- 7.00 mile(s) from Axsys Technologies Incorporated, manufacturer of motion control products
- 7.50 mile(s) from Nishiba Industiries Corporation, manufacturer of plastic injection molding and metal stamping.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Sony Baja California, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Sharp Electronics Manufacturing, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Tacna International Corporation, contract manufacturing
- 9.00 mile(s) from Calpine Corporation, energy generation
- 9.00 mile(s) from California Highway Patrol, government agency
- 10.00 mile(s) from Samsung, manufacturer of electronics and technology products.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kyocera America, manufacturer of electronics
- 11.00 mile(s) from Corrugados de Baja California, manufacturer of corrugated products
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pima Medical Institute, private institute
- 4.00 mile(s) from Southwestern Community College, Otay Mesa higher education center
- 4.00 mile(s) from National University-South Bay
- 6.00 mile(s) from Southwestern Community College, Chula Vista Main Campus: Southwestern College is a public community college in Chula Vista, and the only institute of higher education located in the southern portion of San Diego County.
- 7.00 mile(s) from University of Phoenix, higher education center
- 9.00 mile(s) from Southwestern Community College, National City higher education center
- 12.00 mile(s) from San Diego City College, Community College Main Campus
- 13.00 mile(s) from California Western School
- 18.00 mile(s) from San Diego State University, (SDSU)
- 18.00 mile(s) from San Diego Mesa College, higher education center
- 20.00 mile(s) from University of San Diego, (USD)
- 24.00 mile(s) from University of California, (UCSD) La Jolla main Campus
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 2.00 mile(s) from Loma Verde Swimming Pool, this swimming pool in Chula Vista offers classes
- 3.00 mile(s) from San Diego County Club, golf course
- 6.00 mile(s) from South Bay YMCA, swimming pool in Chula Vista. Offers classes
- 6.00 mile(s) from Parkway Community Center, swimming pool in Chula Vista. Offers classes
- 6.00 mile(s) from Chula Vista Municipal Golf Course
- 7.00 mile(s) from Eastlake Country Club, golf course
- 8.00 mile(s) from Chula Vista Nature Center, exhibits and tours of endangered animals, 316 acre wildlife refuge
- 9.00 mile(s) from Bonita Golf Course
- 9.00 mile(s) from Olympic Training Center, ARCO Olympic Training Center- facility for athletes in several sports
- 10.00 mile(s) from Salt Creek Golf Course, golf course
- 14.00 mile(s) from Skydive San Diego, skydiving classes given at this location
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Chula Vista, California hotel.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Soup Plantation, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located within walking distance
- 0.10 mile(s) from Panda Express, fast food, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located within walking distance
- 0.10 mile(s) from Asada Mexican Food, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Located within walking distance. Beer served at this restaurant.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Wok Asian Bistro, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Achiote Mexican Food, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from Marie Callenders, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.5 mile(s) from Los Arcos, bar/lounge, Seafood, open for: dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from Red Lobster, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from Black Angus, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Anthony's Fish Grotto, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Fuddruckers, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Applebee's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Pat & Oscars, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from El Toritos, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Cheesecake Factory, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Kings Fish House, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Nico's Steakhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 6.00 mile(s) from Romano's Macaroni Grill, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Chick Fil A, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 7.00 mile(s) from Island's Burger, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 12.00 mile(s) from Cafe Coyote, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 20.00 mile(s) from CrabCatcher, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
BEST WESTERN PLUS Otay Valley Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest local area events happening in or near Chula Vista. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Butterfly Jungle Wander among brightly colored butterflies as the flutter around you at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Gates open at 9 a.m.
San Diego Padres vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Watch the Padres battle the Diamondbacks at Petco Park. Friday at 7:10 p.m., Saturday at 5:40 p.m., and Sunday at 1:10 p.m.
Pet Day on the Bay on Hornblower Hornblower invites pets and their owners aboard for a cruise around the bay. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m.
Ocean Beach Kite Festival Head out to Mission Beach and enjoy live music, carnival rides, kite making, and kite flying on the beach. Kites start flying at 10 a.m.
San Diego Surf Film Festival Visit the Bird's Surf Shed in Mission Beach for this festival that celebrates the passion for being out in the water. Times vary.
2014 San Diego County Fair Enjoy everything about county fairs that you love, the food, games, rides, entertainment, and exhibits at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. Event times vary.
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat The Broadway musical comes to the Civic Theatre. Show times vary.
Snoopy! San Diego Junior Theater presents Linus and the gang at the Casa del Prado Theatre in Balboa Park. Show times vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean