- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn
740 Freedom Boulevard, Watsonville, CA 95076-3811
Phone: 831/724-3367 Fax: 831/515-3396 46 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 12:00 AM Reservations
With the finest appointed rooms in Watsonville and one of the consistently highest rated Best Western hotels in Santa Cruz County, we are conveniently located midway between Santa Cruz and Monterey, minutes from local businesses, beaches, wineries, golf and family entertainment.
Centrally located in historic Watsonville, California, we provide quality customer service and amenities for a reasonable rate. We are convenient to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Cannery Row, Sunset State Beach, Roaring Camp Railroads, and Gizdich Ranch "U-Pick" Berry Farm as well as many more local attractions.
Guests may choose a spacious guest room with one or two beds, kitchenette, fireplace and Jacuzzi® tub, or two-room suites. Each room features colorful Mexican decor and artwork, and comes equipped with a microwave, mini-refrigerator, cable satellite television with free HBO® and wireless/high-speed Internet access. Guests can also enjoy complimentary continental breakfast, the outdoor heated pool, spa, exercise room and meeting space to accommodate up to 45 people. Pets are welcome!
For a friendly, helpful staff and plenty of vacation fun, make a reservation today at this Watsonville hotel - the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn.
There are limited parking spaces available, one car per room with no large truck, RV or trailer parking.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, waffles, fresh hard boiled eggs, coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit, cereal, muffins, toast
- Outdoor pool, heated to 78 degrees, open 9am-10pm; pool towels available at the front desk
- Exercise facilties, 24 hour TV; hand towels available
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Multilingual staff, (Spanish)
- Safe deposit box
- Free parking
- Hot tub open 9am-10pm; heated to 102 degrees; towels available at the front desk
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Exterior corridor
- Concierge information and assistance is available at the front desk
- Guest landry availabLe; nominal fee; takes quaters-available at the front desk
- Express check out
- Satellite TV; pay-per-view
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Ice/vending machines on ground floor
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary morning newspaper
- Free Wi-Fi Internet hotspot
- Self-service guest laundry room
- Fresh baked cookies in the afternoon
- Internet kiosk available in the lobby
- All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus rose garden inn in Watsonville.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus rose garden inn in Watsonville, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.916015 / Latitude: -121.760615
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North Hwy 1 South. Take the Watsonville/Gilroy/152 Exit. Straight on Main Street through six lights. Turn left on Freedom Boulevard at the Super Taqueria/St Patricks (big red brick church) to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn.
From: South Hwy 1 North. Take the Riverside Exit. Turn left on Main Street and then turn right on Freedom Boulevard at the Super Taqueria/St Patricks (big red brick church) to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn.
From: Hwy 101. Take Hwy 129 West. Turn right on Main Street and then turn right on Freedom Boulevard at the Super Taqueria/St Patricks (big red brick church) to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from shopping/dining/movies, Target/Ross/Staples/Longs/grocery stores; authentic Mexican cuisine, California cuisine, Italian, Chinese; historic Fox Theater and Gren Valley Cinema 8
- 3.00 mile(s) from SC County Fairgrounds, 2601 E Lake Ave, Watsonville, 95076; 831-724-5671
- 3.00 mile(s) from Ocean Speedway, 2601 E Lake Ave, Watsonville, 95076; 831-476-9466
- 5.00 mile(s) from Gizdich "U-Pick" Ranch, pick your own berries/apples; 55 Peckham Rd, Watsonville, 95076; 831-722-1056
- 6.00 mile(s) from Elkhorn Slough, national estuarine wildlife preserve; 1700 Elkhorn Rd, Watsonville, 95076; 831- 728-2822
- 10.00 mile(s) from kayaking, kayak rentals and tours of different Monterey Bay locations; Kayak Connections 831-479-1121
- 10.00 mile(s) from whale/dolphin boat tours, chriswhalewatching.com; montereywhalewatching.com; montereybaywhalewatch.com
- 12.00 mile(s) from SC Mountain Wineries, SC appellation is the oldest wine-producing region in CA; santacruzwinetours.com 800-910-2136
- 14.50 mile(s) from SC Beachboardwalk, historic Coney-Island style oceanfront amusement park; 400 Beach St, Satna Cruz, CA 95060 831-423-5590
- 15.00 mile(s) from Mystery Spot, a gravitational anomaly where balls roll uphill and chairs sit on walls; 465 Mystery Spot Rd, Santa Cruz, 95065; 831-423-8897
- 16.50 mile(s) from UCSC, University of California Santa Cruz; 1156 High St, Santa Cruz, 95064; 831-459-0111
- 17.00 mile(s) from Seymore Marine Discovery, offers visitors the personal experience of the wonders of marine life in the Monterey BAy; 100 Shaffer Rd, Santa Cruz, 95060; 888-327-8100
- 17.50 mile(s) from National Steinbeck Center, a museum and memorial dedicated to the author John Steinbeck; 1 Main St, Salinas, 93901; 831-796-3823
- 17.50 mile(s) from Santa Cruz Mission, Mission Plaza, Santa Cruz, 95060; 831-425-5849
- 18.50 mile(s) from CSUMB, Calif State University Monterey Bay; 100 Campus Ctr, Seaside, 93955; 831-582-3000
- 18.50 mile(s) from Gilroy Gardens, family theme park ideal for families with young children and garden lovers - features 21 rides, 27 attractions, 6 majestic gardens; 3050 Hecker Pass, Gilroy, 95021; (408) 840-7100
- 19.00 mile(s) from Gilroy Premium Outlets, 145 Outlet Stores; 681 Leavesley Rd, Gilroy, 95020; 408-842-3729
- 19.00 mile(s) from Roaring Camp Railroads, "Big Trees" redwood forest, 1880's logging town, historic steam train/narrow guage railroad train ride; 5355 Grahm Hill Rd, Felton 95018; 831-335-4484
- 21.00 mile(s) from Cannery Row, historic waterfront district made famous by Steinbeck offers attractions and recreation,Cannery Row, Monterey 93940
- 22.00 mile(s) from Monterey Bay Aquarium, one of the largest aquariums in the world; 886 Cannery Row, 93940; 831-648-4800
- 23.00 mile(s) from Mazda/Leguna Seca, The 2.238-mile world-renowned race track; 1021 Monterey-Salinas Hwy, Salinas, 93908; 831-327-7322
- 26.00 mile(s) from 17-Mile Dr/Pebble Beach, experience the magic of a legendary scenic tour that’s home to The Lone Cypress, Seal and Bird Rocks, Fanshell Beach, Point Joe, and the colliding currents of The Restless Sea; pebblebeach.com
- 27.00 mile(s) from Carmel Mission, founded in 1770 and considered one of the most beautiful missions of the chain of california missions on the central coast; 3665 Rio Rd, Carmel, 93923; 831-624-1271
- 28.00 mile(s) from Big Sur, A drive south down Hwy 1 the terrain offers stunning views, making Big Sur a popular tourist destination; a place defined by its natural features - mountains and water. Here at the edge of the continent, mountains plunge into the sea with little regard for the tiny ribbon of highway that clings tenuously to the slopes
- 44.00 mile(s) from Winchester Mystery House, 160-room 1880's mansion built by Winchester rifle heiress Sarah Winchester after she was told in a seance that she would die if she stopped building; 525 S Winchester Blvd, San Jose, 95128; (408) 247-2101
- 0.50 mile(s) from Farmers Market-Watsonvill, Friday, 3-7pm, year round. Produce, JCG eggs, honey, locally prepared ethnic foods.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Gottschalks, department store
- 1.00 mile(s) from Target Shopping Center, Target, Starbucks, Staples, Ross, Save Mart, Hollywood Video; Oil Can Henry's; Quiznos; Cold Stone Creamery; McDonalds; Del Taco
- 1.10 mile(s) from Watsonville Crossroads, OSH, UPS Store, Trop Aquarium pet store, Jansen Music, Crossroads book store, art supply store, fabric store
- 1.10 mile(s) from Watsonville Square, Nob Hill; Longs; Payless Shoes; Bagel Cafe, donutshop; consignment store; H&R Block
- 1.20 mile(s) from Dollar Tree Shopping Cent, Verizon; Dollar Tree; Big 5 Sporting Goods; Salvation Army Thrift Store; nail salon; Subway
- 1.40 mile(s) from KMart Shopping Center, KMart; Walgreens; Blockbuster; Freedom Furniture; Taco Bell
- 1.50 mile(s) from Home Depot, construction; home; gardening supplies
- 1.90 mile(s) from Safeway Shopping Center, Safeway; USPS; Rite Aid; Big Lots; ACE; Starbucks; Straw Hat Pizza; California Grill
- 10.50 mile(s) from Antiques-Moss Landing, several antique shops together in one central location
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 3.50 mile(s) from Freedom
- 7.00 mile(s) from Corralitos
- 7.00 mile(s) from La Selva Beach
- 10.00 mile(s) from Moss Landing
- 10.00 mile(s) from Aptos
- 12.00 mile(s) from Soquel
- 13.00 mile(s) from Capitola
- 13.50 mile(s) from Castroville
- 17.00 mile(s) from Gilroy
- 17.00 mile(s) from Santa Cruz
- 20.00 mile(s) from Marina
- 20.00 mile(s) from Salinas
- 21.00 mile(s) from Scotts Valley
- 22.00 mile(s) from Felton
- 25.00 mile(s) from Ben Lomond
- 27.00 mile(s) from Monterey
- 28.00 mile(s) from Davenport
- 30.00 mile(s) from Boulder Creek
- 31.00 mile(s) from Carmel
- 31.00 mile(s) from Morgan Hill
- 47.00 mile(s) from San Jose
- 56.00 mile(s) from Big Sur
- 75.00 mile(s) from Half Moon Bay
- 81.00 mile(s) from Oakland
- 87.00 mile(s) from San Francisco
- 0.10 mile(s) from Pajaro Valley Water District
- 0.50 mile(s) from Superior Court of Santa Cruz
- 0.80 mile(s) from Starbucks, 2 locations - near Target is .8 of a mile; near Safeway is 1.9 miles
- 1.00 mile(s) from Target/Staples/Ross, All in same shopping complex
- 1.00 mile(s) from Savemart/Radio Shack, All in same shopping complex
- 1.20 mile(s) from Longs Drugs, 2 locations-Rodriguez St .5 mi; Main St 1.2 mi
- 1.30 mile(s) from Granite Construction, local construction company
- 1.40 mile(s) from Dole Fresh Vegetables, shipping
- 1.40 mile(s) from K Mart, store
- 1.40 mile(s) from Orchard Supply Hardware, store
- 1.40 mile(s) from Verizon, store
- 1.40 mile(s) from Dollar Tree/Big 5, store
- 1.50 mile(s) from Walgreens, store
- 1.50 mile(s) from PAlos Verdes Unified School District, school district offices
- 1.70 mile(s) from AAA, local office
- 1.80 mile(s) from Driscoll's, corporate offices - bery growers
- 1.90 mile(s) from West Marine, corporate offices - baoting and water supplies
- 2.00 mile(s) from Rite Aid/Safeway/Big Lots, stores
- 2.00 mile(s) from Watsonville Community, hospital
- 2.00 mile(s) from Plant Sciences, corporate offices - berry plant growers
- 2.10 mile(s) from Home Depot, store
- 2.20 mile(s) from Graniterock/Pavex, corporate offices - granite quarry/road construction
- 2.30 mile(s) from Fox Racing Shox, corporate offices - The leader in bicycle, atv, motorcycle, snowmobile and offroad suspension products and solutions.
- 2.30 mile(s) from Well Pict Berries, corporate offices - berry growers
- 2.50 mile(s) from Watsonville Municipal Airport, airport for small private aircraft
- 10.50 mile(s) from Cabrillo Community, Cabrillo College is one of the most highly regarded community colleges in the state for its success in the area of transfer and career education
- 16.50 mile(s) from UC Santa Cruz, University of California set atop the mountain overlooking the Monterey Bay
- 18.50 mile(s) from CSUMB, CA State Monterey Bay-a model pluralistic acedemic community where all learn and teach one another in an atmosphere of mutual respect and pursuit of excellence
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Cabrillo Lanes Bowling, bowling, arcade, entertainment, restaurant, lounge
- 0.50 mile(s) from Wetlands Nature Center, Come discover the cultural history and natural treasures of our neighborhood wild lands /www.watsonvilleslough.org/naturecenter
- 0.50 mile(s) from Farmers Market, Produce, JCG eggs, honey, locally prepared ethnic foods. Fridays 3-7pm year round www.santacruz.com/Farmers_Markets
- 3.00 mile(s) from SC County Fairgrounds, fairgrounds, horse show arena www.santacruzcountyfair.com
- 3.00 mile(s) from Ocean Speedway, A tight clay, high banked 1/4/ mile track featuring 7 different vehicle divisions www.oceanspeedway.com
- 3.00 mile(s) from CA Ag History Museum, Come and discover the history of agriculture in this area of the country www.aghistoryproject.org
- 3.50 mile(s) from Gizdich Ranch, Pick your favorite fruit of the season right off the tree or vine; then, picnic among the apple trees and the hills www.gizdich-ranch.com
- 4.00 mile(s) from Sunset State Beach, The beach features pine trees, mountainous sand dunes, and ocean side picnic spots www.parks.ca.gov
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pajaro Valley Golf Course, Pajaro Valley is one of Coastal California's finest golf courses, located between Monterey and Santa Cruz in the Pajaro Valley. www.pajarovalleygolf.com
- 4.50 mile(s) from Spring Hills Golf Course, A par 71, 6000+ yard course that will challenge the best player as well as provide a fun venue for the casual player. www.springhillsgolf.com
- 6.00 mile(s) from Elkhorn Slough, Elkhorn Slough (pronounced "slew") harbors the largest tract of tidal salt marsh in California outside of San Francisco Bay. www.elkhornslough.org
- 9.00 mile(s) from Nisene Marks State Park, The park offers rugged semi-wilderness, rising from sea level to steep coastal mountains of more than 2,600 feet. With over 30 miles of trails, hiking, jogging and biking are some of the activities to be enjoyed here. www.parks.ca.gov
- 9.00 mile(s) from SC Mountain Winegrowers, The Santa Cruz Mountains has been recognized as a premium wine producing region since the late 1800's. The Santa Cruz Mountains Viticultural Appellation became federally recognized as one of the first American viticultural areas to be defined by geophysical and climatic factors in 1981. www.scmwa.com
- 10.00 mile(s) from Whale Watching, Multiple touring companies offer year-round whale watching trips to observe the spectacular diversity and abundance of whales and dolphins inhabiting the Bay. www.montereyinfo.org
- 10.00 mile(s) from Kayaking, Guided sea kayaking tours of Monterey Bay and Elkhorn Slough. Rentals, lessons, and sales. www.kayakconnection.com
- 12.00 mile(s) from Capitola Village, Capitola is an intimate beach village tucked in a river valley in Santa Cruz County on the Monterey Bay. Reminiscent of a village in France or perhaps a Mediterranean coast in Italy. Capitola Village is located along a wide beach with a breathtaking view of Monterey Bay and is home to numerous craft galleries, boutiques and restaurants. www.ci.capitola.ca.us
- 14.50 mile(s) from SC Beach Boardwalk, The west coast's only seaside amusement park, the 101-year old Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk features both modern and classic thrill rides, restaurants, miniature golf, video game arcades, and family bowling, all located on a mile of sandy beach overlooking the Monterey Bay. www.beachboardwalk.com
- 15.00 mile(s) from Seymore Marine, Visit a working marine laboratory. Exhibit halls, aquarium, touch tanks, tours to marine mammal research overlook, Ocean Discovery Shop, and unsurpassed vistas of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. www2.ucsc.edu/seymourcenter
- 15.50 mile(s) from Mystery Spot, The Mystery Spot is a gravitational anomaly where your perceptions of the laws of physics and gravity are questioned. www.mysteryspot.com
- 16.00 mile(s) from Antique Shopping, Many small locally owned antique shops around the area plus Santa Cruz Antique Fair 2nd Sunday of every month in downtown Santa Cruz.
- 18.00 mile(s) from Gilroy Gardens, A beautiful California amusement park and the only California theme park with a horticultural theme. Ideal for families with young children and garden lovers, Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park features 21 rides, 27 attractions, 6 majestic gardens and the world famous Circus Trees. www.gilroygardens.org
- 19.00 mile(s) from Gilroy Premium Outlets, 145 OUTLET STORES Find impressive savings at Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Coach, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren...www.premiumoutlets.com
- 19.00 mile(s) from Roaring Camp, Experience an 1880's logging town and see California's towering redwood forests from two historic railroads. Hike through the Big Trees, eat lunch at the BBQ pit nad shop at the General Merchantile. Many special and seasonal events taking place. www.roaringcamp.com
- 20.00 mile(s) from Steinbeck Center, Mission: To tell the story of John Steinbeck's rich legacy and to present, create and explore stories of the human condition. Offers the John Steinbeck Exhibit Hall, Argricultural Museum and a changing art and cultural exhibit. www.steinbeck.org
- 22.00 mile(s) from Monterey Bay Aquarium, Located on the site of a former sardine cannery on Cannery Row in Monterey, California, it is one of the largest aquariums in the world. It is a non-profit organization and its mission is "to inspire conservation of the oceans." www.mbayaq.org
- Bagel Cafe & Bakery, on premises, deli, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Bagels made fresh on site. Offers a wide variety of sandwiches and pastries. they also serve a variety of salads, breakfast burritos, soups and desserts. Barista also available.
- Across the street from Norma's, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, The cuisine is American diner with a slight Mexican slant.
- Across the street from Super Taqueria, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Super Taqueria is a great place to grab authentic-style FAST mexican food
- 0.20 mile(s) from Jalisco's, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, Welcome to Jalisco's, Watsonville's most beautiful restaurant. Feast on unique Seafood and Mexican dishes in an historic 1930's building and Sample over 25 Tequilas! Friday is Mariachi night!
- 0.30 mile(s) from Red Apple Cafe, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, The locals favorite spot for hot breakfast! Large portions and an extensive selection for breakfast and lunch make this a perfect stop for everyone.
- 0.80 mile(s) from Sushi Garden, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, The finest Japanese Restaurant in Capitola and Watsonville has been around for more than a decade and is constantly crowded with customers. The keys to our ongoing popularity is threefold: great sushi, prompt service and very reasonable prices.
- 0.80 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Home of the flame broiled Whopper
- 1.10 mile(s) from Golden China, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, Mandarin Style chinese food. Good service as well as pricing. Ask for a private booth! They have created cubbies with table inside and beaded drapes to create a very private dining experience.
- 1.10 mile(s) from Cilantros, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, A top locals pick with good mexican food, a full service bar with TV's to watch sports and dancing on the weekends.
- 1.20 mile(s) from Togos, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Sandwiches, soups, salads
- 1.20 mile(s) from Round Table Pizza, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Pizza, salad bar, sandwiches
- 1.30 mile(s) from Imura, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner, Local Sushi house. Custom sushi available upon request.
- 1.40 mile(s) from Eric's Deli, deli, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Locally owned with several bay area locations Eric's Deli is the sandwich shop of choice. Made with quality fresh ingredients everything on the menu is consistantly delicious. Sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Applebees, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Applebee's is the largest casual dining chain in the world. Extensive menu and full service bar.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Wooden Nickel, pub, American, open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 1.90 mile(s) from California Grill, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, An easy going casual dining experience with a mix of American and Italian foods. Good food at a good price.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Zunigas, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, A unique dining experience. Located at the airport the views look out onto the airport landig area. Watch the small private aircraft arrive and depart as you eat delicious mexican cuisine.
- 2.10 mile(s) from Green Valley Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Finer dining in the area. Full service bar and dance floor. Another locals favorite especially for special events. Nice selection of steak, seafood, pasta, salads. Great wine menu.
- 2.10 mile(s) from Taco Bell, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, national mexican fast food chain
- 4.40 mile(s) from Cadillac Cafe, coffee shop, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, Fun little place decked out in 50's attire. Good food and reasonable prices.
- 8.50 mile(s) from Bittersweet Bistro, full service, American, open for: dinner, Elegantly decorated fine dining experience in an historic location. Full service bar. Most extensive wine menu in the area. Food is local and fresh. They even have a selection of cigars! Banquet rooms available.
- 10.70 mile(s) from Phils Fish Market, cafe, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Fishmarket and eatery. Lots of local fish choices. Phils Fish Market has been featured on two different Food Network shows.
- 12.70 mile(s) from Bluewater Steakhouse, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Bluewater Steakhouse will satisfy your hunger for the extraordinary. San Francisco upscale meets Capitola-by-the-Sea local style. Steps away from the beach and crashing waves. Enjoy the view and delicious 21-day aged premium organic free range beef, island style appetizers and grand desserts
- 18.90 mile(s) from Santa Cruz Wharf, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Several local seafood restaurants look out onto the historic Beach Boardwalk and famous Steamers Lane. Local favorites include Stagnaros and Rivas.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rose Garden Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest local area events happening in or near Watsonville. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Enjoy food, live entertainment, children's activities, arts and crafts and more. In Gilroy.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean