BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
5005 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92106-2307
Phone: 619/224-3254 | Fax: 619/224-2186 | 105 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to the BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel!
If you're about to set sail at the San Diego Harbor or Cruise Ship Terminal, our San Diego hotel offers guests an unbeatable location.
From SeaWorld® to the Comic-Con Convention, San Diego is known for a lot of exciting things. Visit the famous San Diego Zoo, or spend your vacation lounging on the incredible white sandy beaches. At our San Diego hotel, guests enjoy a great location along with affordable rates. Cruises that are leaving from San Diego set sail not far from us, and getting around the city is a breeze.
The Point Loma Naval Base is also in the neighborhood, and our San Diego hotel is a home away from home for many service men and women. Explore the Gaslamp Quarter and Old Town during your stay, or get some adventure at Knott's Berry Farm®. Whatever you want your vacation to be, it can happen here.
There are also many business travelers who stay at our San Diego hotel. Defense Acquisition University students adore our low prices and quiet rooms, while extended-stay Navy guests always feel right at home with us. Marine Corps graduation families enjoy our friendly service and spacious rooms, and onsite construction workers on a job far away from home count on us to provide them with the best in hospitality.
Many group travelers at our San Diego hotel are here for a wedding at the naval base, just half a mile away from our property. Centrally located in Point Loma, we always work to accommodate groups and make your special day even that much better. With complimentary transportation to the cruise ship, train depot and airport, and with free parking and a free continental breakfast, we put your comfort and needs first, which is what has made us such a popular property for so many guests. Just let us know what more we can do to serve you, and we'll do everything possible to oblige.
Reserve your BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel room today and get ready for an unforgettable trip! Due to nearby construction guest may experience intermittent road noise at our property and all surrounding hotels from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items.
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Premium Precor Fitness Equipment
- Complimentary breakfast
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call hotel for pick up call 619-224-3254 and ask for shuttle
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Interior corridor
- Fax services, incoming and outgoing - 1.00 per five pgs.
- Fax machine
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Train access, free shuttle on arrival and departure only 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- Outdoor pool Heated sundeck, hot tub
- Local shuttle, Shuttle goes to Cruise Ship Terminal, Train Depot, and Airport 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Business center, charges for faxes, printing and copying.
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Conference services
- Hot tub
- Free high-speed Internet access, in public areas
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- complimentary boarding pass printing
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking free
- Garage parking free
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western yacht harbor hotel in San Diego.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western yacht harbor hotel in San Diego, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.725815 / Latitude: -117.225105
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 5 South. Take the I-5 South and exit at Rosecrans Exit 209. Keep straight for two miles and make a left on Nimitz Blvd. Go straight for a block and at the light, make a right on North Harbor Drive. The BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel is located on the right side.
From: Interstate 5 North. From Interstate I-5 North, take the Hawthorne/Airport Exit. Turn left and go approximately one mile. Turn right on North Harbor Drive, go past the airport, and the BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel will be on the right.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Plan your next California getaway. The Cabrillo National Monument honors the landing spot of the first Spanish explorers when they arrived to San Diego area and later founded the city of San Diego. Visitors to this monument can enjoy exploring the history of the area or take part in outdoor activities.
The monument's visitors' center, guests can take a self-guided tour of the Old Point Loma Lighthouse, visit the "Age of Exploration" exhibit room, and see military history exhibits. Outside, guests can hike the Bayside Trail, go bicycling along Cabrillo Memorial Drive, and take in views of the city and Pacific Ocean.
Home to the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar is located north of San Diego, California. In use from 1917 to 1920, then again from 1929 to the present, MCAS Miramar is found north of downtown San Diego, just east of I-805.
The airfield at MCAS Miramar is named after Admiral M.A. Mitscher – he commanded Task Force 58 in WWII. The MCAS Miramar was once the home of the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School – and its TOPGUN training program. When you visit MCAS Miramar, be sure to check out the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum, and the annual Miramar Airshow, held in October.
Since 1997, Southern California has been the home to the largest military command in the country's southwest region. The Naval Base Coronado encompasses more than 57,000 acres of land, in San Diego.
This impressive aerospace-industrial complex is the largest of its kind in the United States Navy. Although one Commanding Officer is in charge over the entire base, it employs more than 36,000 civilian and military personnel.
It remains one of the largest employers in San Diego County. The base provides the space for air, ground, undersea and sea operations.
The southern tip of San Diego in the San Diego Bay was kept lit for thirty-six years by a faithful light. The Old Point Loma Lighthouse was completed 1855 at a height of forty-six feet on top of a 400-foot cliff.
It was one of the first eight lighthouses to be built on the west coast. This historical white brick lighthouse features a green lantern and was visible for twenty-eight miles. Visit from downtown San Diego.
Due to the location of the "Old Spanish Lighthouse" on top of Point Loma, the low fog and clouds often made it hard to see the light. By 1891, the light was discontinued and no longer used.
The New Point Loma Lighthouse was built on the tip of the point at eighty-eight feet above sea level. While in San Diego, make time to visit the historical Old Point Loma Lighthouse to stroll through the lighthouse, see the living quarters and walk through the museum. The lighthouse is located in the Cabrillo National Monument.
Fun for all ages, Old Town San Diego State Historic Park offers visitors a glimpse into what life was like in San Diego from 1821 to 1872. Visitors stroll through the restored 5 historic buildings, adobes, museums and shops from this once Mexican pueblo town, to see how it was transformed into an American Settlement.
Step into La Casa de Estudillo, La Casa de Machado y Stewart, Mason Street School, the first public school in California, the San Diego Union Printing Office and the Seeley Stables Museum. Enjoy your time learning about the history of San Diego.
Major League Baseball in San Diego is alive and well. Petco Park has been the home ballpark for the San Diego Padres since 2004, after they left Qualcomm Stadium. The stadium's first baseball game was part of a four-team NCAA invitational tournament with the San Diego State Aztecs baseball team.
A record crowd was in attendance as they beat Houston. Fans love to watch the games from the "Park at the Park" area near the outfield fence. In addition to baseball games, the stadium hosts concerts and special events. Explore the park on your next stay in the San Diego area.
Top entertainer concerts performed in the ballpark include The Rolling Stones, Madonna and Taylor Swift. From 2007 to 2009, the USA Stevens rugby sevens tournament was held at Petco Park. Additional events hosted at the park include American Idol auditions and the Food Network's "Chairman's Challenge."
Southern California residents and visitors in the San Diego area have supported the San Diego Chargers professional football team since 1967. Qualcomm Stadium, a multi-purpose facility, has been home to Chargers from the beginning. The stadium was named San Diego Stadium from 1967 to 1980, then named Jack Murphy Stadium from 1980 to 1997, then finally named Qualcomm Stadium since 1997.
The San Diego Padres professional baseball team played in the stadium from 1969 to 2003, when they moved to Petco Park. Located in San Diego's Mission Valley area, the stadium is also home to the San Diego State University Aztecs football team. Three Super Bowl games have been held at the stadium in addition to Major League Baseball All-Star Games and World Series games.
Flying into San Diego? San Diego International Airport was constructed at the encouragement of Charles Lindbergh in 1928. By 1934, the airport was designated as an international airport. The airport was also used by the United States Coast Guard Base.
In 1942, this San Diego area airport was used during World War II. After the war, commercial flights were available via Pacific Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Western Airlines, Bonanza and PSA. The airport has become the busiest single-runway commercial airport in America.
Sixteen airline support providers and seven airfreight companies also contribute to the traffic at this busy airport. Passengers have a choice of eighteen commercial airlines for flights to many major U.S. cities. Make the most of your time in the San Diego area.
Established in 1897, San Diego State University is situated northwest of downtown San Diego, and is a wonderful attraction within the San Diego metro area. Visitors from nearby cities like Oceanside, and Chula Vista make frequent trips to SDSU during the fall to catch all of the Aztec football action at Qualcomm Stadium. Academically, SDSU offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and is a member of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
While in San Diego visiting SDSU, many visitors enjoy taking time to explore the local attractions like Balboa Park, and the famous San Diego Zoo. During the winter, many sports fans enjoy the high-energy, alley-oop action of SDSU Aztec basketball. Head to Viejas Arena and watch as both the men's and women's Aztec basketball teams compete against the rest of the Mountain West Conference.
A full day of fun awaits at the San Diego Zoo, located in San Diego's Balboa Park. Stroll through the Discovery Outpost, Lost Forest, Asian Passage, Panda Canyon, Polar Rim, Elephant Odyssey, Urban Jungle, Africa Rocks and Outback to visit all of the animals. The zoo has been providing fun times with animals since its opening in 1915. Enjoy a relaxing ride on the gondola, the Skyfari, for a birds-eye view of the entire zoo.
Ready for a unique zoo adventure? Sign up for one of the special zoo tours. The Backstage Pass - Ultimate Encounter allows visitors to meet many of the exotic animals up close. Additional options include the Inside Look tour, the Discovery tour and the Horticulture tour. Make the most of your time exploring the San Diego metro area.
See one of the most famous attractions on the planet – SeaWorld San Diego. Located near the sun and sand of San Diego’s Mission Bay, it's the original marine mammal park and aquarium. Home of Shamu,the magnificent and talented killer whale featured in popular daily shows is arguably the park’s most famous resident.
This family-friendly park is full of world-class marine exhibits, aquariums and rides - providing a full-days fun and entertainment. It's a premier destination in San Diego and the entire San Diego metro area.
Optimize your SeaWorld experience by checking feeding times and visit your favorite exhibit at the designated time. Special reservations can also be made for behind-the-scenes tours, or the Dine with Shamu programs – offering back-stage access to the killer whale habitat and trainers.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.02 mile(s) from San Diego Harbor, Hotel is on Harbor Drive across from the sport fishing and leisure boating basin.
- 0.03 mile(s) from Liberty Station, Recreation and Entertainment Promenade on grounds of former US Naval Training
- 2.60 mile(s) from Ocean Beach, Where the locals go to the beach. Surfing, Sunbathing, Swimming, Pier, Cafes, Shops
- 2.60 mile(s) from Sunset Cliffs
- 2.90 mile(s) from San Diego Sports Arena
- 3.50 mile(s) from Seaworld San Diego
- 3.70 mile(s) from Maritime Museum
- 4.50 mile(s) from Balboa Park
- 4.50 mile(s) from Fleet Space Theater & Science Center
- 4.70 mile(s) from Balboa Park Museums, Natural History, Musuem of Man, Aerospace Musuem, Automotive Museum, Model Railroad Museum, many more.
- 4.90 mile(s) from Gaslamp Quarter, Featuring hot clubs and fine dining, this is the place for San Diego nightlife.
- 4.90 mile(s) from San Diego Convention Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Petco Park, Home to the San Diego Padres In the heart of the gaslamp.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Mission San Diego, Site of the first Spanish Mission in Southern California and an historic masacre.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Belmont Park Giant Dipper
- 7.50 mile(s) from Qualcomm Stadium, Home of the San Diego Chargers
- 3.00 mile(s) from shopping malls
- 3.50 mile(s) from Sea Port Village, 50 restaurants and retail shopping
- 3.75 mile(s) from Horton Plaza, downtown san diego featuring over 100 stores and 4 stories, ample parking downtown
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.75 mile(s) from Old Town San Diego
- 20.00 mile(s) from Mexico Border
- 2.75 mile(s) from Marine Recruit Depot
- 4.75 mile(s) from U.S. Naval Hospital San Diego
- 7.00 mile(s) from San Diego Naval Station
- 11.00 mile(s) from Miramar Naval Air Station
- 15.00 mile(s) from Scripps Ranch Medical Clinic
- 1.50 mile(s) from Pt. Loma Nazarene College
- 2.00 mile(s) from CA Western University
- 4.00 mile(s) from University of San Diego
- 4.00 mile(s) from San Diego City College
- 4.50 mile(s) from University of California Extension
- 6.50 mile(s) from San Diego Mesa College
- 8.00 mile(s) from National University
- 9.75 mile(s) from San Diego State University
- 10.50 mile(s) from University of California-San Diego
- 11.00 mile(s) from Western University
- 14.00 mile(s) from U.S. International University
- 14.00 mile(s) from Grossmont College
- 14.00 mile(s) from Southwestern College
- 19.50 mile(s) from Christian Heritage College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 2.50 mile(s) from Old Town State park, Original San Diego state park founded by the missionaries/dining/attractions/museums
- 8.00 mile(s) from Silver Strand State Beach
- 10.00 mile(s) from Chula Vista Small Boat Basin
- 11.75 mile(s) from Torrey Pines Golf Course
- 12.00 mile(s) from Torrey Pines Science Park
- 13.00 mile(s) from Torrey Pines State Reserve
- 17.00 mile(s) from Del Mar Race Track
- 19.75 mile(s) from Cardiff State Beach
- 21.00 mile(s) from San Elijo State Beach
- 22.50 mile(s) from Moonlight State Beach
- 23.00 mile(s) from Seaside Gardens County Park
- 24.00 mile(s) from Ponto State Beach
- Across the street from Pizza Nova, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Bayside view restaurant and patio featuring excellent pasta, soups, salads, and pizza dishes (much more than pizzas). Full bar also available.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Diego. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Race Across America (RAAM)
Come on out to the Oceanside Pier and cheer as cyclists begin the 3,000-mile journey to Annapolis, MD in one of the most difficult races in the world.
2015 San Diego County Fair
San Diego's annual county fair at the Del Mar Fairgrounds is the largest fair in California.
2015 Annual Over The Line Tourney
Mission Bay's Fiesta Island in San Diego hosts this bat and ball tournament, routinely called one of the last great Southern California traditions.
The country's largest pop culture event returns to the San Diego Convention Center.
2015 Festival of the Bells
This annual festival celebrates the anniversary of the founding of California's first mission, the Mission San Diego de Alcala.
San Diego Symphony Summer Pops Season
From the 4th of July to Labor Day, the San Diego Symphony performs numerous concerts under the stars along San Diego Bay.
Farm to Bay Food & Wine Classic
Celebrate the sights, sounds, and flavors of San Diego at this Chula Vista event.
39th Annual World Bodysurfing Championships
U.S. and international body surfers compete at the Oceanside Pier and Beach.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean