BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
5005 N Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92106-2307
Phone: 619/224-3254 | Fax: 619/224-2186 | 105 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel!
If you're about to set sail at the San Diego Harbor or Cruise Ship Terminal, our San Diego hotel offers guests an unbeatable location.
From SeaWorld® to the Comic-Con Convention, San Diego is known for a lot of exciting things. Visit the famous San Diego Zoo, or spend your vacation lounging on the incredible white sandy beaches. At our San Diego hotel, guests enjoy a great location along with affordable rates. Cruises that are leaving from San Diego set sail not far from us, and getting around the city is a breeze.
The Point Loma Naval Base is also in the neighborhood, and our San Diego hotel is a home away from home for many service men and women. Explore the Gaslamp Quarter and Old Town during your stay, or get some adventure at Knott's Berry Farm®. Whatever you want your vacation to be, it can happen here.
There are also many business travelers who stay at our San Diego hotel. Defense Acquisition University students adore our low prices and quiet rooms, while extended-stay Navy guests always feel right at home with us. Marine Corps graduation families enjoy our friendly service and spacious rooms, and onsite construction workers on a job far away from home count on us to provide them with the best in hospitality.
Many group travelers at our San Diego hotel are here for a wedding at the naval base, just half a mile away from our property. Centrally located in Point Loma, we always work to accommodate groups and make your special day even that much better. With complimentary transportation to the cruise ship, train depot and airport, and with free parking and a free continental breakfast, we put your comfort and needs first, which is what has made us such a popular property for so many guests. Just let us know what more we can do to serve you, and we'll do everything possible to oblige.
Reserve your BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel room today and get ready for an unforgettable trip!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee and hot items.
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Premium Precor Fitness Equipment
- Complimentary breakfast
- Airport courtesy shuttle available 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call hotel for pick up call 619-224-3254 and ask for shuttle
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Interior corridor
- Fax services, incoming and outgoing - 1.00 per five pgs.
- Fax machine
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Train access, free shuttle on arrival and departure only 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
- Outdoor pool Heated sundeck, hot tub
- Local shuttle, Shuttle goes to Cruise Ship Terminal, Train Depot, and Airport 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Business center, charges for faxes, printing and copying.
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Conference services
- Hot tub
- Free high-speed Internet access, in public areas
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- complimentary boarding pass printing
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Outdoor parking free
- Garage parking free
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western yacht harbor hotel in San Diego.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western yacht harbor hotel in San Diego, California is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 32.725815 / Latitude: -117.225105
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 5 South. Take the I-5 South and exit at Rosecrans Exit 209. Keep straight for two miles and make a left on Nimitz Blvd. Go straight for a block and at the light, make a right on North Harbor Drive. The BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel is located on the right side.
From: Interstate 5 North. From Interstate I-5 North, take the Hawthorne/Airport Exit. Turn left and go approximately one mile. Turn right on North Harbor Drive, go past the airport, and the BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel will be on the right.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Since 1997, Southern California has been the home to the largest military command in the country's southwest region. The Naval Base Coronado encompasses more than 57,000 acres of land, in San Diego. The base is comprised of eight military facilities: Naval Outlying Landing Field, Silver Strand Training Complex-Coronado, Remote Training Site-Warner Springs, Naval Auxillary Landing Field-San Clemente Island, Naval Air Station North Island-Coronado, Naval Outlying Landing Field-Imperial Beach, Camp Michael Monsoor Mountain Warfare Training Center-LaPosta and Naval Amphibious Base-Coronado.
This impressive aerospace-industrial complex is the largest of its kind in the United States Navy. Although one Commanding Officer is in charge over the entire base, it employs more than 36,000 civilian and military personnel. It remains one of the largest employers in San Diego County. The base provides the space for air, ground, undersea and sea operations. While in town, choose one of the several San Diego Best Western hotels, to enjoy comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The southern tip of San Diego in the San Diego Bay, was kept lit for thirty-six years by a faithful light. The Old Point Loma Lighthouse was completed 1855, at a height of forty-six feet, on top of a 400-foot cliff.
It was one of the first eight lighthouses to be built on the west coast. This historical white brick lighthouse features a green lantern and was visible for twenty-eight miles.
Due to the location of the "Old Spanish Lighthouse" on top of Point Loma, the low fog and clouds often made it hard to see the light. By 1891, the light was discontinued and no longer used.
The New Point Loma Lighthouse was built on the tip of the point at eighty-eight feet above sea level. While in San Diego, make time to visit the historical Old Point Loma Lighthouse to stroll through the lighthouse, see the living quarters and walk through the museum. The lighthouse is located in the Cabrillo National Monument. Stay close to a wonderful variety of landmarks, museums and attractions as a guest of one of the San Diego Best Western hotels.
The Old Town San Diego State Historic Park offers visitors a glimpse into what life was like in San Diego from 1821 to 1872. Visitors stroll through the restored 5 historic buildings, adobes, museums and shops from this once Mexican pueblo town, to see how it was transformed into an American Settlement.
Step into La Casa de Estudillo, La Casa de Machado y Stewart, Mason Street School, the first public school in California, the San Diego Union Printing Office and the Seeley Stables Museum. Enjoy your time learning about the history of San Diego. Choose from several San Diego Best Western hotels, to settle in and rest comfortably, while visiting San Diego and southern California.
Major League Baseball in San Diego is alive and well. Petco Park has been the home ballpark for the San Diego Padres since 2004, after they left Qualcomm Stadium. The stadium's first baseball game was part of a four-team NCAA invitational tournament with the San Diego State Aztecs baseball team. A record crowd was in attendance as they beat Houston. Fans love to watch the games from the "Park at the Park" area near the outfield fence. In addition to baseball games, the stadium hosts concerts and special events.
Top entertainer concerts performed in the ballpark include The Rolling Stones, Madonna and Taylor Swift. From 2007 to 2009, the USA Stevens rugby sevens tournament was held at Petco Park. Additional events hosted at the park include American Idol auditions and the Food Network's "Chairman's Challenge". To cap off a fun-filled day at this wonderful San Diego ballpark, check into a comfortable Best Western guest room where quality lodging and services await.
Southern California residents and visitors in the San Diego area, have supported the San Diego Chargers professional football team since 1967. Qualcomm Stadium, a multi-purpose facility, has been home to Chargers from the beginning. The stadium was named San Diego Stadium from 1967 to 1980, then named Jack Murphy Stadium from 1980 to 1997, then finally named Qualcomm Stadium since 1997.
The San Diego Padres professional baseball team played in the stadium from 1969 to 2003, when they moved to Petco Park. Located in San Diego's Misson Valley area, the stadium is also home to the San Diego State University Aztecs football team. Three Super Bowl games have been held at the stadium in addition to Major League Baseball All-Star Games and World Series games. After a fun night at a Chargers game, check into one of the several Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
San Diego International Airport originally known as the San Diego Municipal - Lindbergh Field, was constructed at the encouragement of Charles Lindbergh, in 1928. By 1934, the airport was designated as an international airport. The airport was also used by the United States Coast Guard Base. In 1942, this San Diego area airport was used during World War II. After the war, commercial flights were available via Pacific Southwest Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Western Airlines, Bonanza and PSA. The airport has become the busiest single-runway commercial airport in America.
Sixteen airline support providers and seven airfreight companies also contribute to the traffic at this busy airport. Passengers have a choice of eighteen commercial airlines for flights to many major U.S. cities. Once at the terminal, passengers have a variety of restaurants and shops to choose from, in addition to several private airport club rooms. General and Corporate aviation needs are provided by Landmark Aviation Services. Enjoy your time in the San Diego area, by checking into one of the several Best Western hotels for comfortable accommodations.
Established in 1897, San Diego State University is situated northwest of downtown San Diego, and is a wonderful attraction within the San Diego metro area. Visitors from nearby cities like Oceanside, and Chula Vista make frequent trips to SDSU during the fall to catch all of the Aztec football action at Qualcomm Stadium. Academically, SDSU offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and is a member of the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
While in San Diego visiting SDSU, many visitors enjoy taking time to explore the local attractions like Balboa Park, and the famous San Diego Zoo. During the winter, many sports fans enjoy the high-energy, alley-oop action of SDSU Aztec basketball. Head to Viejas Arena and watch as both the men's and women's Aztec basketball teams compete against the rest of the Mountain West Conference.
A full day of fun awaits at the San Diego Zoo, located in San Diego's Balboa Park. Stroll through the Discovery Outpost, Lost Forest, Asian Passage, Panda Canyon, Polar Rim, Elephant Odyssey, Urban Jungle, Africa Rocks and Outback to visit all of the animals. The zoo has been providing fun times with animals since its opening in 1915. Enjoy a relaxing ride on the gondola, the Skyfari, for a birds-eye view of the entire zoo.
Ready for a unique zoo adventure? Sign up for one of the special zoo tours. The Backstage Pass - Ultimate Encounter allows visitors to meet many of the exotic animals up close. Additional options include the Inside Look tour, the Discovery tour and the Horticulture tour. Take a break from the action as a guest at one of several Best Western hotels in San Diego.
SeaWorld San Diego, located near the sun and sand of San Diego’s Mission Bay, is the original marine mammal park and aquarium. Home of Shamu,the magnificent and talented killer whale featured in popular daily shows is arguably the park’s most famous resident. This family-friendly park is full of world-class marine exhibits, aquariums and rides - providing a full-days fun and entertainment.
Optimize your SeaWorld experience by checking feeding times and visit your favorite exhibit at the designated time. Special reservations can also be made for behind-the-scenes tours, or the Dine with Shamu programs - offering back-stage access to the killer whale habitat and trainers.
Best Western hotels offer over 25 locations near SeaWorld in the San Diego Metro area. Travelers looking for a San Diego hotel have a great choice of locations with Best Western – choose from accommodations to fit any itinerary and budget.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.02 mile(s) from San Diego Harbor, Hotel is on Harbor Drive across from the sport fishing and leisure boating basin.
- 0.03 mile(s) from Liberty Station, Recreation and Entertainment Promenade on grounds of former US Naval Training
- 2.60 mile(s) from Ocean Beach, Where the locals go to the beach. Surfing, Sunbathing, Swimming, Pier, Cafes, Shops
- 2.60 mile(s) from Sunset Cliffs
- 2.90 mile(s) from San Diego Sports Arena
- 3.50 mile(s) from Seaworld San Diego
- 3.70 mile(s) from Maritime Museum
- 4.50 mile(s) from Balboa Park
- 4.50 mile(s) from Fleet Space Theater & Science Center
- 4.70 mile(s) from Balboa Park Museums, Natural History, Musuem of Man, Aerospace Musuem, Automotive Museum, Model Railroad Museum, many more.
- 4.90 mile(s) from Gaslamp Quarter, Featuring hot clubs and fine dining, this is the place for San Diego nightlife.
- 4.90 mile(s) from San Diego Convention Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Petco Park, Home to the San Diego Padres In the heart of the gaslamp.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Mission San Diego, Site of the first Spanish Mission in Southern California and an historic masacre.
- 7.50 mile(s) from Belmont Park Giant Dipper
- 7.50 mile(s) from Qualcomm Stadium, Home of the San Diego Chargers
- 3.00 mile(s) from shopping malls
- 3.50 mile(s) from Sea Port Village, 50 restaurants and retail shopping
- 3.75 mile(s) from Horton Plaza, downtown san diego featuring over 100 stores and 4 stories, ample parking downtown
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.75 mile(s) from Old Town San Diego
- 20.00 mile(s) from Mexico Border
- 2.75 mile(s) from Marine Recruit Depot
- 4.75 mile(s) from U.S. Naval Hospital San Diego
- 7.00 mile(s) from San Diego Naval Station
- 11.00 mile(s) from Miramar Naval Air Station
- 15.00 mile(s) from Scripps Ranch Medical Clinic
- 1.50 mile(s) from Pt. Loma Nazarene College
- 2.00 mile(s) from CA Western University
- 4.00 mile(s) from University of San Diego
- 4.00 mile(s) from San Diego City College
- 4.50 mile(s) from University of California Extension
- 6.50 mile(s) from San Diego Mesa College
- 8.00 mile(s) from National University
- 9.75 mile(s) from San Diego State University
- 10.50 mile(s) from University of California-San Diego
- 11.00 mile(s) from Western University
- 14.00 mile(s) from U.S. International University
- 14.00 mile(s) from Grossmont College
- 14.00 mile(s) from Southwestern College
- 19.50 mile(s) from Christian Heritage College
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 2.50 mile(s) from Old Town State park, Original San Diego state park founded by the missionaries/dining/attractions/museums
- 8.00 mile(s) from Silver Strand State Beach
- 10.00 mile(s) from Chula Vista Small Boat Basin
- 11.75 mile(s) from Torrey Pines Golf Course
- 12.00 mile(s) from Torrey Pines Science Park
- 13.00 mile(s) from Torrey Pines State Reserve
- 17.00 mile(s) from Del Mar Race Track
- 19.75 mile(s) from Cardiff State Beach
- 21.00 mile(s) from San Elijo State Beach
- 22.50 mile(s) from Moonlight State Beach
- 23.00 mile(s) from Seaside Gardens County Park
- 24.00 mile(s) from Ponto State Beach
- Across the street from Pizza Nova, Full Service, Italian, Open for: lunch, dinner, Bayside view restaurant and patio featuring excellent pasta, soups, salads, and pizza dishes (much more than pizzas). Full bar also available.
BEST WESTERN Yacht Harbor Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near San Diego. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Film in the Garden: Roman Holiday Come on out to the May S. Marcy Sculpture Garden for a screening of this classic Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck movie. The film begins at 8 p.m.
Flicks on Bricks Get your tickets for an open air showing of great movies such as North By Northwest, Singin’ in the Rain, The Thomas Crown Affair, and To Kill a Mockingbird. Watch the movie as you enjoy a summer wine pairing at the Athenaeum in La Jolla. The movies begin at 7:30 p.m.
San Diego Music Thing Artists perform at venues throughout San Diego and host mentoring sessions and workshops for everyone to enjoy. Town & Country Resort hosts the festival this year. Times vary per event.
San Diego Bayfair Come on out to Mission Beach and Bay for the San Diego Bayfair’s World Series of Powerboat Racing. There will be fast boats, interactive exhibits, live entertainment, and fireworks Saturday night. Times vary per day.
October 4-26, 2014
LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat Party Nights Spend some extra time at LEGOLAND and end the night with a special display of fireworks. Come in costume and have a shot at some great prizes. Party Nights begin at 5 p.m.
Peter Pan Pay a visit to Never Land and meet the Lost Boys, Captain Hook, and Tinker Bell. Peter and Wendy take the stage at the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center in La Jolla. Show times vary.
Dinner with Marlene Pay a visit to the Lamb’s Players Theatre in Coronado for a look at an unforgettable dinner party one evening just prior to the start of WWII. Show times vary per day.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean